Chapter 23

Daniel smiled as he walked his dog with him. He was happy to see that it was peaceful and calm. He wasn't sure if it was going to because it was the weekend and kids were almost insane on the weekend.

Eventually, Daniel sat down on the bench and Bear sat close to him. He saw a child come by and look at Bear then look at Daniel. The child had a bruise on his knee seeing that he must've fallen somewhere around the playground.

"Can I pet the dog?"He asked and Daniel nodded.

The child started petting the dog with a smile. "It's so cute."

"His name is Bear,"Daniel told him with a smile.

"Oh! He looks like a Bear. So fluffy and cute!"Daniel smiled as Bear woofed.

Soon the child's mother came by and looked at her child. Bear's tail kept wagging and looked so happy. The child kept petting the dog softly and seemed happy as well. The child even got his face closer to hug Bear.

"Minho!"

The child's mother came by and looked at Daniel then back at her child. She glared at her child and held out her hand signaling to come to her. She looked back at Daniel and smiled.

"Sorry, he bothered you."She said and Daniel shook his head with a smile.

"He was fine. He asked and I let him."Daniel told her with a reassuring smile.

"Mom, can I play with Bear for a moment and then go home?"The child asked. "Please."

"Fine, stay here."She stated then sat on the same bench Daniel was sitting on but a bit farther to the end.

The child played with Bear for a while until the child decided he wanted to play in the playground. His mother followed after bowing before leaving. Dokja just bowed his head and then looked at the kids on the playground.

They were lucky.

Daniel sighed and got up to start walking again. He walked thinking a lot about his childhood. He never really had much because of people. People were hateful. Especially people who were close.

Daniel heard some weird footsteps behind him and turned his head to see some men. Around five with weird-looking faces. They towered over him with a smirk. He frowned as they came closer. He moved a bit back in confusion.

"Interesting, what is someone like you doing here? No bodyguards? No friends?"Daniel gulped as he felt a hand on his wrist.

"Hey let go!"Daniel said as Bear barked at them in anger.

"Oh the dog, how sweet of that."Another said and Daniel pulled Bear from his leash a bit closer to him but almost behind him.

"What do you want?"He asked him in anger pulling his wrist out of the male's hands.

"Simple."He said getting closer to Daniel's face.

"You."

Daniel glared and kicked him in the shin before running away. He pulled Bear as they both ran. One of the men caught on and grabbed his shirt, making him trip on his feet to the ground hitting his chest. He groans as his knees are in pain with his chest while grasping for some air through his lungs. His hand let go of the leash he was holding.

"Gotchu."He turned to see the male grabbed Bear's leash and the others pulled him as Bear tried to attack them.

One of the men pulled Daniel's leg as Daniel tried to hold it in place with his elbows. "LET ME GO!"

Daniel kicked his leg and hit the male's face then ran a bit from him. He didn't care if he was hurting himself from bumping into stuff. Daniel needed to get away. Eventually, one of the males caught up to him and grabbed his arm. They pull him into their chest putting their arms around Daniel.

"NO!"Daniel yelled pushing him back.

The male grabbed Daniel and pulled him as the other male tried to grab his leg. Daniel couldn't scream. He was scared and freaking out. He tried to but nothing came out. Daniel kicked the male who grabbed his leg in the face and quickly pushed another male running away.

He could only hear his heart beating through his ears. The sweat made him colder as he ran with the cold winds. He kept his feet running. Although it was painful, he was running. He wanted his dog.

He wanted Bear.

Daniel made it to Bear. His eyes widened and froze at the moment he was looking at. Bear. Bear was around the tree. His legs shook as he walked towards him slowly. His breathing became heavy. Daniel couldn't stand anymore and kept gasping for air.

Bear was there, his leash wrapped around the tree, almost in a way it looked like, he was dead. He went closer to him, crawling in fear. He saw that Bear wasn't breathing and got up running to him, scared, hoping it wasn't true. Once he made it, he couldn't breathe.

"Bear? Oh..."Daniel said as he sat next to Bear.

"BEAR? BEAR! BEAR! PLEASE NO!"Daniel said as his tears started to drip.

He held Bear into his arms and looked around to see his injuries but it was more than he could've thought. Daniel kept crying and it started to get louder. His body shook and kept rocking up and down. He doesn't want to let go.

Bear has been with him for a long time. Bear was with him since he had issues, and problems and went through everything after the situations he had witnessed, seen, and felt. He was his supporter and helped. Bear was his hugger and friend. Someone to play with, talk to, and sleep with. Just what happened? Just what did they do to him?

Daniel's phone rang but he didn't answer it a couple of times. He couldn't hear it and didn't know it was a call until he felt it vibrate on his leg. He picked up his phone to see his father. He didn't answer but held his bear tighter until he heard some footsteps.

He looked up and saw the lady with her son. Her son was in shock as well as the lady. Immediately she called the cops and the son went to pet the dog in tears.  Daniel looked at the lady with no hope, his whole soul was sucked out. He was a mess, he lost everything in one day when he felt it was the most peaceful moment he has ever had.