Chapter 3

Katchup | Dalsooobin

Daniel had a boring back home after school. He didn't do anything but go home to do his homework and cook. He looked at his golden retriever Bear sitting looking out the window. He smiled and sat next to him. He ruffled his fur. He's had this dog since he was a kid. The only friend he's ever had.

"What are you looking out for bear?"He asked and heard pants as he smiled.

He looked out and see people walking around. He had an idea then smiled. He went to his room to change his school uniform to his usual casual clothes. His black jeans, grey shirt, and hoodie. He put on a mask and took out his contacts to put his glasses on. Grabbing his bag, he went out the door with a smile.

"Bear come on! We are going for a walk!"He called out as he walked to the front door.

Daniel smiled as Bear came next to him. He grabbed the blue leash then put it around him. He went to put his shoes on then opened the door. He was out eventually with his dog ready to run. The door was closed and he walked to the apartment to the elevator.

Once he got in. He waited until they were in the lobby. He walked out and went outside the building. He took a breath and sighed smiling. He started walking with a smile with his dog, bear walking excitedly. They made it to the park and Daniel continued to walk. Only with music now in his ears due to putting earphones in.

He felt a stare and looked to see a tall tattooed male with some dudes beside him. They were wearing almost the lightest pinkish color jumpsuit. He gulped as Bear sensed his fear. The dog went in front of him and barked.

"OMG LOOK HOW CUTE THE DOG IS!"He flinched at the voice to see the male smiling excitedly at his dog.

"What's the name?"He asked eagerly waiting for the answer.

"B...b...Bear."He gulped in fear which the male smiled then bent down just to touch the fur.

Bear stopped and felt comfortable with the male's hand. He noticed the male was there with no harm. He watched the others exercising and smiling. They weren't going to do anything bad and Daniel noticed that too.

"Vasco! That's a little rude isn't it?"He turned to see a male with ears wide that made him look familiar to him.

"Ah well sorry! I just love dogs. Especially golden retrievers."Daniel hummed and looked at Bear smiling with a wagging tail.

"Do you want to walk with him?"He asked holding out the leash to Vasco who looked surprised.

"He seems happy, why don't you walk with him?"He said again which the male quickly nodded.

He took the leash and walked his dog. Daniel just sat to stare at the two. He chuckled at how excited his dog was walking with someone else. He's never seen him this excited. He was usually with him and at home. He wouldn't go anywhere else but to the old park nearby. Since they moved here, he hasn't been outside besides getting groceries.

He was surprised the male was nice. He looked scary at first when he felt his stare. Even looking at him since he looked angry but in reality, he seemed nice. His friends didn't seem bad either and were alright. Daniel heard laughing and looked at the other side of the playground to see the kids.

He was never like that. It was always home or walking. He never had the chance to play in the playground. He was scared of people but as he got older, he pretended they didn't exist. That they were invisible as much as he was. No one cared about him. After an hour, he heard his phone ring which made him flinch. He was just scared from the noise for a moment.

"Hello?"

"Hello, son? Where are you?"

"I'm at the park with Bear. Why?"

"Come home! Your mom made dinner, it's disgusting and please save me."

"Okay, dad! Please don't tell mom that or she will kill you."

"I know."

He hung up and put his phone back into his pocket. A fluff ball decided to put his paw on Daniel's knees and smiled.

"Oh, your back!"He smiled and hugged his dog happily.

"Thank you for allowing me to hang out with your dog."He looked up and nodded at the male who blushed.

"You...um...well you can always hang out with my dog..."

"Really! How about I give you my number!"He said excitedly and quickly took out his phone.

Vasco handed his phone to Daniel who took it softly touching the male's hand on accident. Vasco gulped as he felt the male's fingers. Daniel put his number into Vasco's phone who was happy to get it.

"I have to get going...I...um...good night to you and your friends."He said and bowed then left with his dog.

Vasco watched and his friend came by smirking. "You have a crush!"

"No, I don't!"Vasco immediately said and glared at his friend who playfully skipped.

"Don't lie to me when I can see the truth!"Jace told him while Vasco scoffed ready to do his workout.

Daniel went back home to see his mother smile but it wasn't a normal smile. His father looked at the food in disgust and coughed out.

"THIS IS DISGUSTING! THROW IT AWAY!"He yelled and dumped the whole thing out while the two watch.

Daniel doesn't know what to do but makes dinner while his mother watched again trying to learn from her son. Only to get lost and confused. She fell asleep as her husband smirked in victory for throwing her food away. Even though it was a waste, he couldn't eat at all. Daniel could agree, they really couldn't eat it at all.