Chapter 15

xoxosos | Keshi

Duke smiled as Daniel walked into his home. "This place is nice. Thanks for inviting me."

Duke asked Daniel to come over and practice for the festival. Of course, Daniel agreed and wanted to sing even though he knows he's not that great. He just hasn't been to his friend's home so being in someone else he just met and became friends with made him happy.

At least he wasn't lonely.

"Do you want some snacks or drinks?"Duke asked and Daniel shook his head softly.

"Are you sure? Never mind, here take this."He said handing him a cold water bottle.

"So what are we going to do?"Daniel asked and Duke walked to his room as the taller male followed him.

"We could practice and stream."

"Stream?"He questioned in confusion.

"Yeah,"Duke said putting his backpack on the ground to his desk.

"What's stream?"Daniel asked making Duke pause for a moment.

"Stream is a video live view service almost like broadcast live news but you can do other stuff."He explained to Daniel.

Daniel nodded noting he has to find out more about streaming later since he doesn't know how that works yet he gets it. He noticed Duke taking out some papers from his desk then searching for more things. Duke has him some papers while looking around for something.

"Damn that Camera!"He mumbles searching for it.

Daniel looked at the papers and saw they were song scripts. He looked at the melody and lyrics which made him sad.

"Why are they so sad?"Daniel asked him.

Duke smiled grabbing the mic he was looking for. "That's just life."

Duke turns on his laptop. Daniel sat on the bed continuously looking at the papers. Duke got on live stream and started. A few got on only to make fun of him.

"Duke, would you mind doing one of your rappings?"Daniel asked and Duke nodded.

"Sure...hold on."

Daniel paused and got up to look at Duke. He didn't sound good. The camera couldn't catch Daniel since he was at the far corner but now he was at the corner. Some commented they wanted to see him since they heard him but they couldn't.

"You okay?"He asked Duke.

He was worried he did something wrong? If he asked something wrong? He looked at Duke and turned his head to what he was looking at. The laptop with his face. Daniel got closer and turned to Duke. Was he self-conscious because he's looking at himself?

Daniel heard a ding to turn to the laptop. He saw the comments. They were all mean and terrible. His eyes widen surprised. He got closer showing his neck on the screen.

"Duke are they always this mean?"Daniel asked and they hummed.

Duke's eyes widen when he saw Daniel's eyes tear up. "Oh, it's okay. They are just playing. Why don't you sit next to me and I'll rap for you?"

Daniel nodded and rubbed his hand on his eyes. He sat down next to Duke then frowned at the mean comments going but nice comments about him. He looked at the names and their profile pictures. They looked nice but they were mean. He touched the mouse and looked at all of them.

Duke watched him. He noticed how Daniel kept looking. What was he going to do? Was he going to side them? Was he going to leave him and not sing with him?

"You guys are mean! This is why you're stuck live streaming and not successful people. Stuck at home drinking Orange juice boxes with your Spongebob underpants!"Daniel said annoyed while Duke was surprised he was smiling.

"Just because I look nice doesn't mean I want to be friends with a blobfish, skinless and disgusting fish. What kind of disrespectful people are you just to assume I'm going to be your friend. Pathetic!"Duke laughed inside but held his laugh from coming out.

Daniel was too funny. He could say he was trying to be mean but didn't seem like it, but he is doing his best and is telling the truth. Either way, he's doing great.

Daniel turned to Duke. "Duke can we not do this? I don't like this and people commenting are garbage I find at the ocean with the plastic and gunk."

"Sure, yeah,"Duke said and turned off the live stream.

Daniel looked at the others and saw the original names as well as profiles of the people on there. He didn't like it. He was uncomfortable with what they said about Duke and himself. He felt shivers and hoped he never had to deal with that again. He couldn't understand at all as his body shook. He heard his phone ring.

"Sorry."He told Duke and picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Where are you?"Mina asked then her phone was taken from her.

"DANIEL! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?"Zack yelled making Mira glared at him.

"I am at Duke's home. We are practicing for the festival!"He said excitedly while Zack was pissed.

"I have a question?"Daniel said and Zack scoffed.

"What?"

Daniel paused for a moment then looked at Duke then at the laptop. The bit his nails with his teeth as his anxiety started to kick in.

"Are people really mean?"

Zack paused for a moment. "Are you hurt? Did that dude hurt you?"

"No...we went live stream and people said..."Daniel sighed with a gulp.

"People said bad things about Duke and then when I went on the screen, people said about touching me. Are people like that?"

"Daniel, don't cry. It's okay."Daniel shook his head looking at Duke.

"No people are selfish, you're a really nice person,"Daniel said wiping his tears.

Duke heard a door knock and got up. He went to go open the door to see Zack with an angry face. Jay and Mira are behind him. They walk in and Mira ran to Daniel then hugged him.

"You probably have never felt this way haven't you?"Mira asked and Daniel nodded.

"Maybe that's why I was homeschooled. I don't like this. People are really mean."He told her as she hummed hugging him.

The two boys looked at them hugging each other. Jay turned off the phone and Zack opened the water bottle to give it to Daniel. He drank it slowly as Zack held the bottle. He felt bad, they all did. He must've never gone through anything just for it to throw it up into his face all at once.

"Don't be upset. Hey! You said you were practicing for the festival. Let's help you."Mira told her and Jay nodded.

"Okay."

thank you, take care and stay safe. 🤍