Chapter 6

Rose | DKB

He's gotten close with Mira. It's only been a few days but he's gotten the hang of being friends with her. Not only that. Since he was given the headphones and jacket in his sleep from Jay. He's talked with him sometimes. Only asking him for those headphones. Zack was another person who he wish he could rip his head off. He would get on his nerves but they never knew.

"Daniel, can I talk to you?"He heard Mira ask and he nodded.

He got up from his seat to walk out of class. She stood in front of him and gulped. She really didn't know why he called him, she didn't want to worry him but she had no choice.

"I was wondering if you could help Zack. He's been causing more problems lately."She said and he blinked even more confused.

"He's just been smoking and fighting out on the streets. I'm worried about him."She told him with a sigh.

"If you want him to do something, you should talk to him. He might listen to you and might take your word."He said and she raised an eyebrow.

He noticed her confusion and held his eyes from rolling. "Your his friend, he's not mine. I'm just a stranger he sees everyday."

"You might be right. Thanks. But if he doesn't, will you?"He nods and she smiled.

"Thanks, I'll be going to the bathroom okay."She said giving him an okay signal then left.

Zack glared at Daniel who was talking to Mira. He couldn't see his face until Mira left. His face was unamused yet again until his eyes widen. He frowned and noticed the male looking at it for to long.

Daniel eyes widen when he saw someone there. He was in fear but kept it in posture like he's always done. The person slowly walked away and he started running to the person. It was disappearing and he kept looking around as he saw the person through the corners.

Zack got up from his desk after the male ran and went after him. Jay saw this and did the same. What was he looking for, they had no idea.

Daniel bumped into someone and bowed quickly. "I'm sorry."

He tried to walk away but was grabbed by the person who pulled him in front of him. The two boys hiding were ready to get up and pull the males arms out. Daniel looked up to see Vasco which made his eyes widen.

"You don't just leave someone like that."Daniel bowed a few times.

"Your name is Daniel right? Your new?"He heard and looked up to see the big eared male.

He nodded and the male smiled. The bell rang and Daniel bowed again quickly running away back to class. He sat back and looked at Mira who smiled at him. He used his arm as a pillow again to sleep in class like usual. Jay sat next to Daniel and took out the headphones with his jacket.

Zack glared and looked annoyed at his teacher who wasn't even teaching. He turned his head to Mira who looked at him then smiled. He smiled back but felt nothing. It was odd, he didn't feel his heart beat go crazy or feel as if he was in love. He looked at her doing her work but he felt nothing at all.

Mira turned to him confused but he shook his head then went to go play on his phone. Other kids were busy sleeping or watching Daniel sleep as usual. He was just so beautiful around the face. Though they have never seen his head fully. That hoodie was always in the way. One thought he was bald and others thought he was just uncomfortable.

Once the bell rang, Daniel woke up ready to eat. He looked at Jay then handed him his stuff. He got up and waited for him. This was new to him and he liked it. He walked with his three friends to the canteen. They sat at lunch and Daniel pulled out four bento boxes. He told them not to get the school lunch this morning.

"For us? Thank you!"Mira said and looked at her bento excitedly.

"Your food doesn't even taste good! Why make me one and not get my food! Look at the line!"Zack called out making Daniel decide to try take his bento but Zack pulled it.

"It's too late now! Let me eat it!"He angrily said and Daniel nodded.

He looked to Jay who thanked him which he nodded again. He started eating his own while they were satisfied. From afar, Vasco and his friends notice him. He looked was the zombie model guy everyone talked about. Well it was just the lazy eyes that speak of boredom.

"He looks happy. Look at those cheeks though. They look chubby you just want to squish them."Vasco heard and so did Zack.

Zack didn't like it at all and turned to the girl then glared at her. She gulped and slumped under her table sadly. He turned back and continued to eat but then stopped. What did he just do? What did he just feel? Jealousy? No he was annoyed that he got the attention.

"From on, can you bring us food like this everyday? I will pay you!"Mira said and Daniel stared at her for a moment.

"Don't pay."

Zack looked at him. Those were the first words he's said that little speech a few days back. He's surprised how soothing his voice was. He wanted to hear it more but then shook it off saying it was weird and he was hypnotizing him with his food. Jay however thought the same but thought how cute he was too.

"Right. Since your new here, did you ever get to chance to explore the school?"He shook his head and she smiled clapping her hands.

"Great! Let's do that after we eat."Zack groaned annoyed.

Vasco looked at him and frowned. "He looks familiar."