Chapter 14

Tail | Sunmi

Daniel smiles as he walks the school halls in the morning. By himself rather than with his friends. He hummed for another good day of school that follows by sleeping for half the school day and eating his lunch.

He was happy to be able to make friends in the period he did. He was lucky and he knows that. It's hard to make friends even if they don't like you. He's met nice people so far which makes him feel great and after all, he feels like he is okay for the first time.

At least he didn't feel too alone without human contact. He shook his head trying to forget the past. He doesn't want to remember about it. All he wants to do is run for it. It's not the best thing to do but he has tried everything. Yet nothing works.

He heard someone's voice and stopped. He turned and walked to where the voice came from to see a boy sitting there in an empty room in the dark. He seemed to be holding his tears while trying to rap. He didn't look good since he had bandages and wounds.

"Are you okay?"Daniel asked and the male stopped to turn to him.

The boy looked around then pointed at himself. "Me?"

"Yes, are you okay?"He asked and the boy nodded.

"Be honest. I won't hurt you."Daniel told him and the male sighed.

"People are bullying me."

Daniel paused for a moment. Who would hurt someone so much? He heard from his uncles that people so mean, vile and disgusting? He hates how people do hurt others for no reason, unless if you hurt someone back for the problems they created. He would like it better if the bullied were beaten up and not the innocent.

"Why?"He asked the male.

"I'm fat and ugly."Daniel looked at him surprised.

"Are you healthy? Are you eating well?"He asked and the male stared at him then nodded.

"Then you're normal. As long your body doesn't have other medical issues then I don't see the ugly and fatness you're talking about. Besides, you seem fine to me."Daniel told him and the male wiped his tears smiling.

"Really?"He asked and Daniel nodded.

"What's your name?"Daniel asked him.

"Duke Pyeon...yours?"Duke asked and Daniel smiled.

Daniel held out his hand staring at him with a huge grin. "Daniel Park. Nice to meet you Duke Pyeon."

Duke looked at his hand and slowly took his hand to the males. He shook Daniel's hand with a smile. He waited for something to happen but nothing did. Daniel let go then blinked confused.

Duke took a moment and his eyes widen. He looked at the male's face, his smile, the grin, and his voice. He was surprised that a guy like him was talking to him. He followed Daniel's eyes to the poster and raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, the competition."He said and Daniel looked down.

"What is it for?"He asked and Duke smiled.

"The sports festival,"Duke said then sighed.

"People are going to be there doing random competitions like performance, sports, and such. I am doing performance but I feel like I shouldn't."Duke told him truthfully for some reason.

"Why is that?"Daniel asked him.

"Because I don't want to get bullied."

"Well from experience, you can't run away from them so instead you can hit them. They don't want you to go there and perform, just go perform. Just have fun and don't lose your time and focus on people who don't know how to have fun."Daniel smiled at him as Duke stared at him.

"Yeah but I need someone else to perform with me. I'm rapping and no one wants to be by my side to do that."Duke explained.

"I will."Duke paused at the man in front of him who looked almost like an Angel.

"I'll perform with you. Whatever it is. Just tell me. Let's have fun."Daniel said excitedly.

"I haven't tried it before but it looks fun."He said and Duke got out of his seat then grabbed his hands which made Daniel flinch.

"Thank you...I mean it. How about I give you my number and talk about this after school?"He said and Daniel nodded.

They exchange numbers and Daniel bowed happily making a new friend. He was in a happy mood today and he didn't mind. Usually, he felt like a slug being pulled down but today was going to be a good day.

"Well if there's anything else, just text me. If people are hurting you, it's just one call away."He said and Duke nodded.

He smiled again. "See you later."

Daniel left the room and walked to his class to see Mira. He walked to his desk and sat on his seat. She pats his head from his hoodie and watched him smile. She punched his cheek softly.

"You are so cute."She said hugging him.

Zack pulled him away from Mira and held him. He glared at her and she glared back. Zack let go and Daniel turned to Jay who stared at him. Daniel smiled at him and Jay smiled back happily. He moved his hand to Daniel's shoulder and made him lean to his body. Daniel's head was on his shoulder. He was confused but it was warm.

Mira and Zack yell at each other again over nothing. "You need to stop fighting."

"The fuck! I can do what I want."Zack yelled back and Daniel pouted.

"Why is Daniel so sad so suddenly? He was happy a while ago."Zoey asked Jay who didn't answer but the other two heard.

The two quickly went to Daniel. Mira gave him banana milk which made Daniel smile. Zack glared and handed Daniel chips. The two glared back but turned to Daniel who drank the banana milk with both hands on the bottle, drinking from the straw.

"Hey! Why don't we put Daniel in the competition."Zack paused and turned to his so-called classmates making a plan for the sports festival.

"The fuck did you say you piece of shit!"Zack glared at them which made them gulp.

"I want to!"Daniel said and they all turn to stare at him as he nodded.

"Well Zack, there's your answer."

sorry for not updating for so long. i will try my best but recently i have no idea why i just don't feel like writing. yeah, but if you haven't heard, i quit my job and honestly am happy about that. i still have school but i am getting better. if you didn't want to know about that, i apologize.

i might publish soon but idk when.

thank you, take care and stay safe. 🤍