Chapter 18

Daniel yawned looking at his phone. It was a Saturday evening and he was out a little early so he could let Bear out a little in the Sun. He smiled seeing Bear sitting on his side watching the kids play in the playground.

They were just sitting on the grass although Daniel had a mat under him. He had a basket and a small bag on the right side. He went to open his bag and take out some jerky for Bear. Daniel put it in a small bowl and put it on the big mat.

"Come on Bear, eat some snacks."He said smiling and Bear came by and then sat on the mat to eat the jerky on the bowl.

Daniel laid on the mat and grabbed a pillow to put behind his head he took out a book and started reading it. He hummed as he turned a page. Daniel was surprised by how quiet it was since usually, it was loud.

Eventually, Daniel had fallen asleep. Bear went into his arms and laid on him softly. He looked around protectively as he smiled. Daniel hugged Bear tightly.

The park was quiet. Everyone started to leave as it started to get dark but not that Daniel would notice because he was asleep. Bear just waited for him to wake up.

"Let's work out. Man, these kids are still here!"Ivan said stretching his arms.

"Fuck these kids,"Mark mumbles and stared at the kids playing on the playground.

"Look at them leaving,"Dominic said laughing.

Once they all left, it was quiet. Until they saw someone asleep. Johan went over there and noticed a dog but the man was dead asleep. Johan knelled and raised an eyebrow.

"Aye yo! Wake up!"Johan yelled and Daniel groaned.

"Five more minutes."

"Dude wake the fuck it before I beat you up,"Johan said and Daniel woke up then sat rubbing his hands on his eyes.

Daniel opened his eyes and looked around then his eyes widen. He gasped and got up to see the male who glared at him.

"Thank you for waking me up!"Daniel said and bowed then looked to see it was completely dark.

Johan looked at the male and then pulled him to the sidewalk to see him through the light. Daniel flinched and rubbed his eyes since the light hit him. Johan paused then let go with a gulp.

"Sorry."

"It's okay."Daniel smiled and the male blinked with surprise.

"What's your name?"Johan asked out of nowhere which then he bit his mouth annoyed confused about why he said that.

"My name is Daniel Park, what's yours?"Daniel asked with a bow.

"Johan Seong nice to meet you."He said smiling at the male.

"Do you not know who we are?"Ivan asked getting closer to his face with his hands in his pocket.

Daniel looked at him confused. "No, why?"

"We are in a gang,"Scott told him with a smile.

"Like a band? You guys sing!"Daniel asked and Scott looked at him surprised.

"N—."

"Yes! I don't sing but he does."Johan said and turn to glare at Mark who shrugged.

"Oh! Super! I know three bands now!"Daniel mumbles then looks at Mark.

Mark raised an eyebrow. What did Johan want with this kid and why would he hide the fact of who he is? Does Johan like him or something? Is he gay? Mark shook his head knowing that his brain is going elsewhere.

Daniel looked at Bear who stood there beside him like a guard dog and laughed. He bent down to him and hugged him while giggling. Bear did not move and watched them with a glare.

"It's alright Bear they are nice people. They are also in a band."He said ruffling his fur.

The pause came from them. You could hear crickets from a mile away. That's how quiet it was. Mark looked at him shocked. Johan was surprised. Of course, all of them were.

"Is that your dog?"Johan asked and kneeled beside him.

"Hmm, Yes. This is my dog Bear."He said and Johan looked at Bear who stood there like an army dog.

"I have one too. His name is Eden."

Daniel smiled and looked at Bear who was busy not even moving. He frowned and ruffled his fur a little bit. He didn't budge but just stood there.

"Bear?"Daniel called out but to no answer.

"He's a bit protective of you. It's fine. He's probably worried you might get hurt. It makes sense since we are strangers."Johan said and Daniel hummed.

"By the way, what are you doing at the park this late?"Scott asked and Daniel looked around.

"I didn't know it was late. I passed out and Bear probably didn't wake me up to notify me it was getting dark."He said and looked at Bear.

"Which he usually does."He mumbles and pats his head softly.

Johan smiled at Daniel then looked at his gang. He glared and got up to stare at them angrily for looking at Daniel. Maybe because of the way one of them was staring the dog was standing like that to see what could happen and if they hurt Daniel.

"How about you go home? It's getting late and staying outside too late isn't a good idea."Hope told him and Daniel nodded.

"Yeah, nice talking to you all. Hope to meet you guys again. I didn't catch your names."Daniel said as they smiled and then told their names.

"I'm Scott Kwon. That's Mark Sa don't worry about his anger issues."Scott said as Mark glared at him.

"I'm Hope Park and this is my brother Ivan,"Hope said and bowed.

"Sup I'm Dominic Min."

Daniel bowed and smiled. "Nice to meet you all. Get home safely. Have a good night!"

Daniel bowed again and walked to his stuff then packed up. He sighed and looked at Bear who stared at him confused.

"It's okay Bear, I'm okay."He smiled and put his bag behind his back then held the basket in his hand.

He put on a leash on Bear and then got up walking away. Johan watched them leave then turned to his gang. He put his hands in his pocket and raised an eyebrow.

"That dude is shinny as fuck."Ivan said and Hope laughed.

"Shit. He was so fucking nice."Mark mumbles as Scott laughed slapping his shoulder which made Mark punch him in the face.

"Let's follow him home just in case. It's too dark and most other gangs come out this late. It's too dangerous."Dominic said and they nodded.

They followed Daniel home who made it in peace. He was too busy talking to Bear about vanilla ice cream and French fries or cheese with fresh fries was good. Nothing big but Daniel did talk a lot about food. Bear was just happy he was talking to him and would notice them following him.

thank you, take care and stay safe!