Chapter 22

After the fiasco last week, everyone decided to come over to Daniel's place on a Saturday. Of course, it was weird because Daniel has never had friends before but Mira suggested it because it would be nice to get to know him more about his dog Bear. So he agreed.

Daniel waited on the couch as he looked at his father making some lunch while his mother laying on the floor with a face mask on her face. Some cucumber slices on her eyes as she eats a bunch of berries. He was confused about why she was doing it but she said she wants to freshen up her skin.

He was worried about what they would think and what could happen. All he knows is that Duke was coming over to someone else's house for the first time. He even said he usually never got invited. The male was a nice person.

Jiho decided to join as well. Even Zack. Zack wanted to come and see if he had a dog and not some imaginary friend. That's what Zack told Daniel but Zack himself knew he had to go because the others were annoying him. Why? Well because they were going to his house. Including Jay.

Eventually, the doorbell rang and his father opens the door. Daniel looked from the couch to see his friends. Bear ran to the door looking at them then looking back at Daniel. Bear ran to Daniel and put his head on his lap for a ruffle.

Daniel played with his hair softly. "Welcome, come in."

As they walk in and look at Daniel, they look at the fluffy golden dog. Daniel looked up and waved. Zack looked down and saw Daniel's mother on the floor relaxing.

"Daniel boy, go have fun with your friends in the study room."Daniel hummed and got up slowly with Bear moving his head.

Mira went to him and hugged him. She was so happy to see Daniel even if he was wearing a hoodie. Seemed like the boy was cold because of the small blanket around him. She held his hand and noticed how cold he really was.

"Let's go to the study room."He said and she nodded.

Daniel walked while Mira was still holding his hand. Once they made it to the room, Daniel opened it. It was just a room with a couple of bookshelves, a huge desk, and a bunch of board games. Mira looked around and her eyes landed on a game.

Bear followed and looked at the boys. Glaring at them and including Mira. Daniel looked at Bear and thought he was upset. Daniel kneeled and caressed his head.

"Bear, Hey. These are my friends, this is Jay, this is Zack, that's Duke, Jiho, and Zoe."Daniel said and Bear moved around looking at them until he got to Jay.

"The one by the games is Mira. They won't hurt you."Daniel said and Bear just shook his head.

Bear went to Jay and sat beside him. Jay smiled and sat down to play with the dog. The dog didn't seem scared of him and he wasn't even scared of the dog after all. Bear just let his play with his fur and looked at Daniel who was smiling. Bear smiled back.

"Oh, this game looks good,"Mira said and showed the box to them.

"Murder mystery?"Zoe asked and Zack snickered looking at her.

She wasn't even invited and decided to come because why not.  It was kissing him off like how everyone was kissing him off. He was just angry he wasn't invited along with Mira. Every other so-called 'bitches' had to come around.

Daniel hummed and looked at the box. "It's simple. You just have to choose a file with a name and the file has some details. You will be a detective to figure out the case."

"Oh, sounds fun,"Duke said as Mira put it on the white marble table.

She opened it to see a bunch of files and a small rule book. She took a file and put it on the table. Jiho frowned and looked at them like they were weird. Weren't they just going to hang out or play games?

"Gretchen Stein. Oooh."Mira mumbles and opens the file to see a bunch of details and clues.

"Eww is that a dead spider on the floor,"Zoe said and Mira's eyes widen in fascination.

"So from the files, it says She was the daughter of the CEO of a newspaper company. They weren't very well known. When the police arrived at the scene after her parents never got a call from her for a few days. They saw her body laying on the floor with a knife in her hand and seven stab wounds."Mira explained and Jay looked at the pictures.

"The knife was contaminated with her DNA assuming she had committed suicide although later determined she was killed due to the number of bruises on her body and the amount of blood all over the floor."Mira continued.

"Wow, she got big boobs,"Jiho mumbled and Zack glared at him.

"Really? That's a dead body."He said and Jiho just shrugs his shoulders.

"I'm thinking someone who was working in a big company killed her because they were taking their sales or something."Duke mumbles and looks at the other paper.

"No that's stupid, maybe it was her parents? Maybe they wanted their news to be known."Zack said and they all looked at him.

"What? People do that."Zack said with a glare.

"Any clues?"Daniel asked Jay and he shook his head looking at it.

The door was knocked and they all turned to see Daniel's father. "I was wondering if you all want some fried chicken for dinner? I'm going to the store later."

"Yes..."Daniel said before they said no. "Thank you, Dad."

"No problem don't stay playing that game too long."Daniel nods and he walks away.

After he left, it went crazy. Daniel watches Zack and Zoe fight about another case. Zack was fighting that there were some more clues and Zoe thought he was just lying. Mira was calm with Duke and solving mysteries although sometimes Duke questions himself a lot. Jiho was just drinking water watching all of it while trying to get into Zack and Zoe's fight. Daniel and Jay just do theirs calmly without a heated argument.

After a while, they had to clean up and eat in the living room. It was fun for Daniel to eat with them while watching tv. His mother was watching a drama about something and all of them were invested.

"Omg, she's so stupid. She's going to die."Zoe said wishing he could smack the shit out of the character.

"She's not going to die. She's going to be embarrassed her whole life. I mean look at how stupid she acts."Zack said and Mira agreed.

"Yeah, she's not so innocent, poor male lead."She mumbles and Jay agrees.

After they were done eating. Daniel realized it wasn't that bad. He hadn't noticed how time passed by very fast and he really liked it. He hated that they had to leave and it ended too fast.