Chapter 17

Daniel smiled as people started stretching to get ready. The festival just started and people were excited about it. However, Duke wasn't. Vin Jin was bothering him and cursing at him. He would tell Duke he was going to make the festival go like shit.

Daniel went up to him and raised an eyebrow. "That's a really rude thing to say for someone with chopstick legs."

"Just stop bothering people because your nervous and go get ready. You're wasting your own time if you think of blaming him for not being ready or suck when you're up there."Daniel told him and turned Duke around to face his back on Vin Jin.

"Hey,"Vin mumbles staring at Daniel for him to wait.

"Duke let's go get some snacks. I heard there are some really sweet candy apples."Daniel said to him as he put his hand on his shoulder to assure him that everything was okay.

Daniel smiled while grabbing some cotton candy and ate quietly watching other kids running around. He noticed Vasco doing push-ups which made him raise an eyebrow. What was going on with him?

Daniel paused and saw Duke watching him. "I wish I would do that? How about you Duke?"

"Not really, I don't have the arms to do that,"Duke told Daniel truthfully.

"I probably couldn't do that either. That looks hard."He said with a snicker.

"Oh, crap the festival is about to start,"Duke said looking at his watch.

Daniel sighed nervously then walked backstage with Duke to get ready. Daniel waited for others until he and Duke were called. He gulped and stared at Duke for a moment.

"We can do this!"

Daniel hummed and walked on stage with Duke. Duke smiled and gave Daniel a thumbs up. Daniel gulped as the music started playing. He sang and Duke started rapping.

Mira was in awe. Jay clapped his hands smiling at Daniel. Zack just kept laughing while Zoe kept glaring at him. It was beautiful and funny. Vin Jin put on double shades just in case his eyes would burn. Eli smiled at him holding his phone to take a video for his daughter and to laugh at it later.

More others smiled and enjoyed themselves. There was a lot of screaming making Daniel worried with a face of fear which made some laugh. His show then officially finished and he bowed holding Duke's hand and smiling. He went out of the stage to the back to see Mira.

"You were so cute!"She said hugging him.

"Dude you didn't have to be scared because the girls were screaming. Scary cat."Zack said and Mira smacked the back of his head.

Jay pats his head smiling which made Daniel slump. "That was so tiring and nerve-racking."

"But we did great!"Duke said and Daniel nodded.

"Yeah. It was."

"Oh, the fundraiser is about to start,"Mira said and Daniel frowned.

"Fundraiser?"He asked confused.

"Yes, we'll our performance was a fundraiser but there is a second fundraiser,"Zoey said walking in with a smile.

"It's where they bid an amount for a person to go on a date with. The females have to bid but the males are the ones on getting bidded on."Duke said and Daniel hummed with a nod.

"Kinda like an auction,"Zoey told him.

"Oh."

"Seems like you're on the list as well. Wait! Who put you here."Zoey said surprised with her eyes widened looking at the list.

"Daniel hide,"Mira said but one of the teachers called him out.

"Daniel! Get on stage!"He said and pulled him to the stage which Jay frowned then ran to the back to bid for him.

Daniel gulped and heard a bunch of screams. "I BID FOR TWO THOUSAND!"

"I BID FOR FIVE THOUSAND!"Daniel looked at everyone surprised as the men who were bidders first had the lowest amount.

Daniel noticed the screams and yelling as both males and females were bidding on him. He gulped again nervously as his forehead started to sweat. He looked around to see Mira and Zack who looked at him worried.

"Sorry, but men can't bid."Jay groaned looking at the lady sitting on her chair counting money.

Jay groaned and looked at Daniel who seemed terrified. He went back and pulled Mira which Zack followed yelling while Zoey walked behind confused. She was surprised and then looked at the lady in front of her with money.

"What the fuck are you doing?"Zack said pulling his hand off Mira's wrist.

"Jay! I don't have that kind of money."Mira said and he shook his head pointing at himself.

"That's it! You can pay for it but under Mira's name!"Zoey said smiling.

"TWO MILLION DOLLARS!"

Everyone turned to look at a girl holding her number while staring at Daniel with a glare. Daniel raised an eyebrow confused while everyone was shocked.  Daniel was confused about who had that kind of money?

"SOLD FOR TWO MILLION DOLLARS!"Daniel turned to the man who screamed through the microphone.

Daniel was just shocked and didn't know what was going on. The only thing he knows someone is sending two million dollars but he still is confused why people were screaming money while he was on stage. The others were surprised. Zack, Mira, Jay, and Zoe went close to follow Daniel just in case.

He walked out off the stage and down as the girl glared. "What a pussy."

She smirked and walked away while Daniel looked confused. A man behind her just watched and followed her. Zack was close enough to hear what she had said.

"Did you call him a pussy? Bitch you are a walking tree, what the fuck are you talking about!"Zack exclaimed at her.

She stopped and looked at Zack then glared. "I said what I said. Just look at him."

Zack clenched his fist. He was pissed. Daniel hadn't done anything yet and usually never does. Everyone started looking at her but they weren't happy about it. They were angry. Daniel put a hand on Zack's shoulder. Zack turned and unclenched his fist starting at the confused boy.

"Is everything okay?"Daniel asked him and the boy bit his lip.

"What a bitch boy."She commented and the man behind her paused.

Daniel looked at the two confused then looked to see something that made his eyes sparkle. "Gun is he okay?"

"Are we done? I really want those pretzels."He asked and Zack hummed.

Daniel ran to go get the pretzel and the two watched as he did. Zack went close to the two with a glare.

"Say that shit again and I'll rip your tongue out,"Zack said and Mira put a hand on Zack's shoulder.

"And he's not the only one."