Epilogue - Part 1

Have you ever walked along a shoreline, only to have your footprints washed away? 

All the sand castle disappeared. The waves erased all the memories, laughters, and people you cherished. In a snap, you found yourself standing between the fog and the waves. Watching your sanity just like watching a low line of horizon from a distant.

All I can see is a gentle and familiar face. White dress and sweet smile. Wavy hair that goes with the wind as she dance. Bright eyes and just the right amount of orange sky. A thousand words make up her, which can't be compensated by even one. 

When our eyes met, she smiled at me. I hold my breath.

She's so carefree. She spread her arms and feel the breeze of cold air and warmth of sun rays. I never seen her like that.

All of a suddden, I feel like my heart is going to burst. All the hardships I experience vanished in an instant. It only takes one smile. Hope filled my heart—All because of once glance.

Tears formed in my eyes. After a decade, the person I've been waiting for is finally here. She is here!

"Layana!" I called her again when she suddenly turned her back from me.

The satisfaction and relief I felt a while ago suddenly disappeared. It was replaced by fear.

She just got here. Why is she leaving so soon? I still want to watch her. I still want to see her smile! I still want to hold her! I want her here with me!

"No...No...No...Layana!" I shouted desperately when she keep walking towards the ocean.

Hinabol ko siya pero sa isang kurap lang, sobrang layo na niya sa akin. Ang tagal ko siyang hinintay na makita pero ganoon din kabilis na tanggalan ako ng karapatan para gawin iyon.

Sinubukan kong languyin ang pagitan naming dalawa pero kahit anong subok ko, pinipigilan ako ng malalaking ahon. Hindi ko siya makita maging sa ilalim ng tubig. Hindi ko na naman siya makita!

"Layana!" I shouted more as I tasted my own tears. "Where are you!? Layana! Come back to me, please!"

I tried to search for her under the water but it was no used. The waves are crushing against me. I can even feel my body close to surrending because of lack of air but I don't want to stop searching for her. I should not stop trying! I need to save her! I don't care if I die while searching for her. I just couldn't bear doing nothing while she's fighting for her life!

Nandito na siya e...Nandito na siya! Nandito na si Layana sa harap ko... Ilang taon ko siyang hinintay! Hindi pwedeng mawala siya ulit! Isang sulyap pa! Isa pa!

My lips trembled out of fear as I gasp for air when my head reaches the surface. My tears stung my eyes.

I couldn't find her. I was so terrified. I wasn't afraid of the hazards lying in the ocean as I put myself up to swim. It was a whole different kind of fear...Fear for her life—Fear of sinking—Fear of being left alone—Fear of not moving on.

Is she scared? That is why she always run away everytime our eyes met? Maybe, she is thinking that I would also hurt her just like what I did to her family. Is that it?

"Love, it's me...I won't hurt you. I just...I just want to see you." I murmured between my sobs.

I cried and shout for her name as if my life depends on it. I turned my head to different directions but all I can see is the vast ocean.
I was about to swim again but before I could make a move, next thing I knew, I was swallowed by a series of waves.

"Layana!" I screamed on the top of my lungs.

Isang malamig na tubig ang nagpagising sa akin sa reyalidad. Habol ko ang hininga ko nang magmulat ako ng mata. Hindi ako agad nakakilos, naiwan ang wisyo sa naging tagpo kanina.