Epilogue - Last Part

This is the final chapter. The original ending of ATW. Some loopholes in this story will be explained in the other books. Thank you.

***

Against the Waves

Life is like thriving in a wild ocean.

There were times that it made you feel dangerous and unsafe because oceans are being ruled by waves. Some are fighting a small waves. Some are courageously fighting the big ones.

Layana and I experienced sudden turbulence in our journey. It was a wave that assayed the stability of the two of us. It got to the point that we were on the brink of drowning. Napagod nang lumangoy. Napagod nang lumaban. It seems like, in a short span of time, the world drained us.

But ocean is not always like that. It's also a place where you can find peace. Sa gitna ng mapanganib na karagatan, nagkaroon kami ng kapahingahan. Our family and friends helped us to overcome everything. They helped us to ride the waves from the ocean to the shore. It's quite a ride though but it led us to where we are right now.

One thing that life made me realized is that, we should sail no matter what happens. We must sail and not tie ourselves at the anchor. We must sail and not drift. Those crashing waves, it'll make you feel so small and insignificant. But that's the beauty of the ocean, whether you're sailing or swimming in the vastness of it's crystal water, you will realize that you are part of something bigger.

"This is fucking corny."

"Agos, watch your language please," sita ko sa isa sa kambal habang inaayos ang aking white long sleeve.

"Ang dami mong reklamo, suotin mo na lang!" Dagdag ni Alon.

Agos rolled his eyes. "Whatever."

"Come on, dude. It's just a white dress shirt. Why do you hate it so much?" Alon asked, laughing while sipping on his mango smoothie.

"Because it is white! I hate white. Can't you see that all of my clothes are black? I know I'm handsome but, we all know that black shirt will make me damn good."

"Sino ka naman diyan? Parang laging libing nga ang punta mo. Dude, just do it for mama."

"Yeah, I know. You don't need to remind me for that, asshole."

"Agos," sita kong muli nang magmura na naman ito. Saan ba nila natutunan iyan?

"Okay, I'm sorry," he said while raising both of his hands.

"Takot ka pala e!" Biro naman ni Alon sa kambal.

"And you're not?"

Umiling iling na lang ako. Nasanay na lang ako sa kaingayan nila sa loob ng labinlimang taon. Time really went by so fast. With those fifteen years, I can now say that we've finally reached the shore. A lot of things changed and having our twins, Alon and Agos, brings so much color to our lives. I lost my child back then but He gave me two such amazing boys-minus the fact that they argue most of the times.

"Papa," Agos called me.

"Hmm?" Sagot ko.

They are now in their dress shirts partnered with their khaki pants. We are now wearing the same clothes, making us so much a like.

"You and mama are already been married for fifteen years, what's with the tradition by the way? You kept on marrying her every fucking five years. Ang gastos n'yo."

I chuckled upon hearing that. This kid.

"Hindi naman ikaw ang nagpapakasal bakit parang problemadong problemado ka r'yan?" Kontra na naman ni Alon.