1: What are the odds of that?

I was on my way to buy some clothes and school supplies when I noticed a kerfuffle in front of a store. There were the sounds of cameras clicking, and someone was beating someone else up. People sure were enjoying it, as I could see they were all smirking and recording the fight. It ended pretty quickly, but I could tell this was gonna circulate on social media for a while. I felt bad for that person who got beaten up, but since I didn't see how or why it happened, I couldn't form an opinion yet.

I was right. When I got back home and opened Face***k, I saw that the video had gone viral. I hoped that he didn't have a face***k account or at least that doesn't see it, such were the comments people had bestowed under the video. It sounded rough. Hopefully, he isn't too disturbed...

__________________________________

It's been a few days after that incident, people no longer seem to talk about that. But more importantly, SCHOOL STARTS TODAY!!

I woke up early and started getting ready, I didn't wanna be late on my first day at the new school (or on any other days for that purpose). Mom and dad called me to check if I've gotten everything ready as I get a little clumsy when I'm too excited😅. I had a bowl of cereal and milk for breakfast and I hurried off to school.

_________________________________

(I'm not very aware of the procedures on the first day of school in South Korea so kindly excuse me😓)

"We have two new transfer students today, come on in". The teacher called out and I entered the classroom with the other transfer student. Usually on such an occasion when I have the undivided attention of people I've never met before, I'd get anxious, but today, most of the attention went to the other student. He was pretty much the conventional image of a "handsome" guy and his appearance caused a stir in the class.

He introduced himself as Daniel Park and suddenly it was my turn to do the same. "H- hi, my name is Kyra Cho, it's nice to meet you all", I finished, hoping I didn't sound too nervous. The teacher directed us to our seats, I sat next to a brown-haired girl and Daniel took the seat next to a guy in a black T-shirt. He somehow seemed familiar.

"Hi, I'm Mira", the girl said to me. She sounded friendly.
"Kyra", I said, "it's good to meet you."

We were cut off as a short-haired girl approached Daniel. She started on how his face was handsome and I heard the guy next to Daniel asking her to stop flirting. He was Zack and she was Zoe. The atmosphere got a little tense but then the teacher started with his lesson and my attention shifted away.

________________________________

After lunch, I saw that Daniel had dozed off. Perhaps he didn't get enough sleep last night. I hadn't expected anyone to fall asleep on the first day of school, and the fact that the teacher might come any minute now didn't help the case😳. As I was contemplating whether or not to wake him, Zoe went near him and shook him awake.

"F*ck!" He blurted out, still dizzy. There was an awkward silence for a moment and then the class was filled with whispers. It must have been embarrassing for her, I thought as I looked at her. I was startled to find that her face didn't look one bit like she was embarrassed but instead was filled with admiration (😍).

I would be lying if I said I didn't feel that she was a little bit ridiculous😐

A thing I've noticed about myself is that after every interaction I have with someone, I note down the impression they gave me at the back of my mind, sort of like a character profile. And with every other interaction, I keep updating it. It helps me see if there's any development in their personality and whether or not I could be friends with them.

Zoe

Shallow?

________________________________

The school was just a five-minute walk away from home, and the convenience store I work part-time was ten minutes away. I preferred walking for two reasons. One, it serves as an exercise, and two, I could let my thoughts wander and walk freely. I liked the feeling of the wind against my body, as I walked and contemplated my day.

I got back home, changed, and made it to the store. I work there from 5 PM to 9: 30 PM. The manager had been looking to hire someone for the night if I remember right. I put on the staff uniform and stood in my position at the counter. We didn't have any customers at the moment so I took out my textbook from my bag. Since I had to be at the store till 9:30 pm anyway, I might as well get some of my studying done. Nothing much was taught as it was the first day but I knew it was better and easier to learn it right away than to pile it up for later.

As I opened my textbook, I spotted Daniel by the door. He came to the counter, and upon seeing me, waved his hands. I waved back. 'Has he come to buy something?', I thought to myself.

"Are you still hiring for the night shift? I could work all night", I heard him say. The manager looked like he hit a jackpot. Daniel further enquired the details but the manager cut him out by announcing that he was hired. He even took out the staff uniform in a flash but then Daniel stated that the job was for a friend and made his way out.

After a while, I noticed someone else. It was the guy who got beaten up in front of the store the other day. He came to the counter and I asked him how I could help him. He wanted to meet with the manager.

I must say I was quite shocked to find out that he was the friend Daniel was referring to.

"So he'll be my coworker."

"Sorry but this won't work. I don't hire high schoolers." The manager said blatantly.

Wha-

'I'm in high school too, you don't seem to have a problem with that', I wanted to enlighten him. But I also wanted to see how it would go so I stayed silent.

He got hired!! He (somehow) managed to spell out all the cigarette brand names and the manager was at a loss for words

He was about to leave as he was told to start working from tomorrow. I thought we better acquaint ourselves.

"Hey, my name is Kyra, we will be co-workers. I take the shift before you."

He didn't seem to know me as I had been standing pretty far away from him the other day. I knew it was better that he didn't know I was there; no one would want to be seen in such a situation.

"Oh hi, I'm Daniel Park. It's good to see you"

Daniel Park, who is friends with Daniel Park, well, what are the odds of that?

Hey there! I hope you like this chapter. It was 95% stuff from the webtoon, I'm aware😅

Also, studying stuff right from day one, rather than piling it up till the exam, is so effective. My school year started a few days ago and I found that if we learn what is taught right away, it wouldn't be too much to take in at once and we'll familiarise ourselves with the concepts for longer...so I recommend doing that.