21: The Big 4 Crews

".... 197..."

"Almost there..."

"198, 199, 200"

I fell to the ground, out of breath. This workout is brutal! 

I mean, yeah it has helped me with many things like endurance and "strength", if I may.
But that doesn't change the fact that this workout is plain brutal.

Just how is Euntae not tired after doing all of this? That is some amazing stamina, he has been doing this for two years now huh?

"You guys have to do this even in my absence, okay?" He mentioned.

"Why, are you going somewhere?" I asked.
The foremost reason me and Daniel can go through this workout without giving up is that he just won't let us.

"Yesterday, he accidentally puked on someone's clothes that were worth ten grand, apparently.
Vasco's saying he'd work, earn and pay it back." Jace was the one to speak.

Uh oh!

"What are you gonna be doing to earn that much? 

It was an accident, wasn't it?
Won't they understand?"

"I am responsible for what I did. It's only right I pay him back. 

I'll find some job, don't worry about that. 

But while I'm gone, don't slack off, okay?"

"I'll try but I'm not sure, it doesn't feel the same without you..."

"You'll be fine. And I'll be back soon.
So then, I'll get going.
Bye Jace, bye Kyra, bye Daniel"

'Is he really leaving though...😟'

"...brush your teeth before you go to bed." He added.

.

.

.

"Are you asking me what 'Big 4 Crews' are?"

At school, Jace was explaining Euntae's disappearance to the rest of the Burn Knuckles when Daniel asked came up to us and asked the question.

It sounded like something to do with gangsters, so I was surprised to see that Jace indeed knew something about them.

"From the Han river, they are divided into north, south, east, and west. Since we are central we are not in their territory."

'Well, I've never heard of them before🤔. 

If they had been operating here, then we would've known about them I suppose...'

"It's said that someone was behind the 'Big 4 crews' creation, but that's just a rumor.
There's also a rumor that each crew has an illegal business operation."

'Illegal... been hearing that word for a while now isn't it..."

"West river's 'Big Deal'. It appears its main business is an illegal betting ring."

'Wait, what?!'

"The head Jake Kim, was locked up at a juvenile detention center."

'Jake Kim, Big Deal, juvenile center, omg it's them😦!'

North river's 'God Dog'. Its name has been changed.
One day, some real hothead became the head and changed its name.

'Ohhh so there are more of these gangs involved in "illegal" stuff...'

"East river's 'Hostel'.

They are in the middle of a major make-over. You can think of them as the worst of the worst criminals.

South river's 'Workers'.
Also known as tremendous. They say they are beyond a teenage level.

You can look at them more as an enterprise than a crew."

"While they each earn money in a similar way, their business has a different appearance and development.

The scary thing is since they are so business-like it's hard to find them..."

'So these are well spread throughout Seoul.
Big Deal, God dog, Hostel, Workers.
The Big 4 crews.
Now that's some extra information!'

I better make notes of these too.

___________________________________

After getting back home from the store, I sat down to add the new details to the illegal database.

It's said that someone was behind the 'Big 4 Crews...

So that'll probably be Charles Choi.

There's also a rumor that each crew has an illegal business operation.

Very plausible; it's illegal betting for Big Deal.
God knows what the others are up to.

That reminds me, "God dog". 

Well, it's a palindrome, but what kind of a name is that, a little childish in my opinion...

Then there's Hostel. That's a good name actually, it means shelter.
But Jace said they are the worst of the worst.

And lastly Workers. That's a cool name, classy for sure. So they are more of an enterprise...

The interesting thing is that they are all managed by teenagers. Why though?

Won't it be better overseen by adults?

In any way, they're quite good at this. 

Though Jake Kim got caught, the police couldn't find out about all these other things.

I only found out because of all those that happened at the school-

Ohhh what if that was their intention in the first place? 

Since they're all teens, the police won't suspect them. 

The farthest they could do with Jake was to send him to the juvenile hall.

Well, that is quite smart, very smart.

So though they might be connected, since they operate differently, no outsider would be able to make out that connection.

Charles Choi... just who are you?

But woah this is a little too much to take in... I don't even know if all of it's true or if I'm just making this up.😳

But hey, it's not like I have enough imagination to make up such an elaborate plan in my head, it's probably real.  

I guess I'll just have to meet up with Aunt Katherine and discuss all of this with her for better clarity... 

Well they don't call it the 'big 4 crews' anymore, it's "the 4 major crews"...

Also I wanted to ask, do you all like how the story's going?
I could really use some feedback but no-one ever says anything.
And last day my brother was like, "you are the only one commenting on your story lmao🤣🤣" and I couldn't say anything besides "gotta keep the comments section alive, right😅😳😓"

So, yeah I'd really appreciate some feedback.
And any suggestions on what you'd like to see on the future episodes are welcome too.

I'll try my best to incorporate them so the story could be more, 'not one-sided'...

For instance, would you like Kyra to keep finding out more about the secrets, or should she stop?

Anyway, thank you for your time:)