34: The terms

"I have an offer for you."

"An offer?"

"Yupp. You in?"

'I don't want to think about what'll happen to me if I say no, it's not like you've given me much of a choice now is it?'

"What is it that you're talking about?"

"I'd like to hire you to work for me, Kyra", he paused and took a sip of what he was eating in what seemed to be the slowest way possible. 

'Is he trying to create tension or what-'

"Work?"

"Yeah, you see, after getting to know of your little...ahem... espionage, I couldn't help but think you'd make a nice little spy for me.

You know,  just go to some places, observe what's going on, don't get caught, and inform me. Simple enough?"

"Why me though, why not someone more qualified for this sort of thing?"

"Oh, you're qualified enough alright, you've got one of the most important qualities I'm looking for..."

"That is?"

"You're incredibly plain-looking."

'Okay😳-'

"I mean", he continued, 

"just look at you. Everything about you is so...ordinary. You don't stand out at all. If it wasn't for all those encounters I've had with you, I don't even think I'd remember you. 

And that would play to your advantage, you're practically invisible if you just stay quiet😉"

'I don't know if that's something to be proud of but ohh well-'

"Plus, you can throw a fist, that's good too. With a bit of training, you'd be perfect for the job!" He focused his attention from the ramen back on my face. "Yay or nay?"

'I don't know what to say. Me, doing spy work for someone I was previously spying on? Aunty will kill me if she finds out I got caught-'

"What's with that look? Oh, are you thinking where's your benefit in it? 

I'd pay you, of course. 

You aren't going to do it for free, I'd pay you handsomely."

'Screw the money, I couldn't care less about that. But it's not like I can say no, he literally said he could get me handled for following them.'