9: Concert

"Okay! Next up is an interesting combo! A collaboration of the fashion and vocal&dance departments!"
"Okay! Come on out! Daniel Park & Duke Pyeon!"

The concert had begun.

Vin Jin and Jeong Gi just got off the stage.
The CEO from Vin Jin's agency had come to watch them. It was great, Vin really knew how to rap.

But enough of that.
It was now Daniel's and Duke's turn to perform.
I had been looking forward to it for a long time, I was so glad I got a spot in the downstage area, I just couldn't afford to lose the sight.

Duke was really prepared for the performance.
His clothes, his hair, one could tell he has put a lot of effort into it all.
I hope he could perform selfsame.

And Daniel had told me that Jay had picked his costume. I now knew that Jay had some serious sense in clothes.

'Beautiful day, let's hear it...'

Daniel improvised a "yeah" at the beginning but the pitch was off.

He seemed really nervous. But Duke wasn't.

'You've got this Duke, you've got this'

Duke opened his mouth to sing.
Though I personally didn't listen to rap music much, even I could tell that it was amazing.

Hearing Duke, Daniel seemed to have regained his confidence, because the next moment, he caught up with the timing and began to sing too.

I have heard them before while they were practicing, but this time was different.

The stage, the music, the beat, the outfit and their voices, all went so well together. For the next few minutes, everyone else was silent.

.
.
.

The performance ended.

Cheers were all I could hear.
My own cheers were lost amongst them.
I had been recording the show, and I was glad I got an opportunity to capture it.

(I later sent it to Duke and Daniel too.)

__________________________

(HOME)

Today was a great day.

I had informed the manager about the festival so I got a day off, I didn't need to worry about work today.

Nevertheless, I don't think I have the energy to go anywhere else.

I feel so drained after all that interaction, I need to have some time alone.

It was a great day, yes. Great, but tiresome.

I did the routine and went to bed.

'Festival, fashion show, slave auction, the girl who bid for Daniel, black shades guy, Euntae, CONCERT, home'

'I wonder who that girl was, and why did she give $5000 for Daniel and just leave like that?'

'The brazilian kick he did was amazing, is he a fighter?'

'Why do I feel like I'm gonna keep running into them a lot in the future?'

'Forget them! Mom and dad didn't call at all this week. I texted them, they'll probably call tomorrow. I wonder if they're alright'

'And brother, he said he'd drop by this or next week... it's been a while since I last saw him, about a month'

.
.
.