13: Newtube channels

I was delighted to see that Dan has joined us in our workout session.

It was now me, Euntae and Dan.
Jace only came sometimes, probably because of his part time job at the cafe.

Things at school were also going fine.

Zack's hands were still healing from that time at the retreat.
He was much better now, and he really looked to be enjoying how Mira was taking care of him.

Euntae and Daniel were a lot closer than before.
At first there was a little tension between them but they were now warming up to each other.

A new transfer student joined our department. Her name's Crystal Choi. Being a transfer myself, I knew it could be awkward at first, and since it was almost winter vacation she might have a little trouble catching up with the portions.
I couldn't help but notice that most of the boys and girls were very cold and mean towards were. Because she's a little short, they started calling her a 'pig'.

I wanted to go talk to her but she was rather aloof and detached the at first so I thought, maybe later. I know when someone is not in the mood for company.

I for one feel the most comfortable when I'm home alone watching Newtube or reading a book or just sitting still or walking around.

One such day, I was checking my phone when I saw a video that went viral in just a few hours.

Two guys fighting each other.
They weren't exactly "fighters", it seemed more like they got into an argument and started throwing a fit. It was just a small snippet, and the original source was 'Jiheok Woo's first gaming livestream'.

They were throwing kimchi and noodles around.
The video has gotten a ton of views, about 10 million.

Amusing how fighting videos get so popular, the one were Dan was getting beaten up went viral too.
But this wasn't as disturbing as both of them were 'fighting'.

They next time I heard of them was on Pakgo's channel. Turned out they went to the same school and were classmates.
What's surprising was that Pakgo was in fact a bully.

'Hobin' called him out in a video, and Pakgo's cover was blown.
He even took off his shirt to show us the bruises Pakgo gave him.
Pakgo had stopped streaming and started hitting him.
But someone linked us to another video, one that Jiheok Woo was filming where we saw the rest of the fight.

Pakgo beat Hobin like crazy! Hobin stood up to him but got beat regardless.
Pakgo finally stopped when another classmate of theirs, Munseong Kim- Korea's MMA rising star from the comments- stepped in.

And so Hobin started a new channel, one where they calls out bullies.

Gotta say, that was some fresh content, or at least I haven't ever seen such videos before.

The channel has 100,000 subscribers as of now. And that includes me.
Viral Hit! I'm looking forward to it.

_____________________

Today was Euntae's birthday.

They had arranged a party by the Han river but I couldn't go, the manager asked me to fill in the 'extra hours' of work I had promised before he granted me some days off.

I managed to hand over my gifts though.
It was a compilation of the first three volumes of Heroman.
I had heard from Jace that they used to read a lot Heroman when they were young.

I wanted to give him something more meaningful but I got to know of his birthday on short notice so I couldn't come up with anything else😓.
I'll give him a better gift on the next birthday...