32: Back to square one...?

Ten minutes away from the school, was the 'EH mart' shown in the photo.

Just because I didn't get caught by him till now doesn't mean he wouldn't find me further, I knew. This mart place looked like a rather small building, so there's no way Dan wouldn't see me if I went straight through the front road. 

I saw that there was a sort of a really grassy field next to the place so I went in that direction, and that took me to the back of the building.

 I heard someone walking in, from the other side of the wall. They weren't saying anything, and I was startled on suddenly heard another voice saying "Who's that?!"

I continued to remain silent and listened.

"There's nothing to steal there. It's been over 5 years since anyone lived here." The voice of a probably old man.

"AH... OKAY!" Dan. He sounded scared.

"That house? A kid lived there with his dad... I don't know where he went either-" The man walked away."

.

.

.

There was a bit of a hustle coming from inside before I heard Dan walking away. After a few seconds, I decided I'd enter. 

The door was left open. I got in.

Basically just an empty abandoned store, it was.

There were boxes, used cans, wine bottles, and just random trash items spread all over the floor. There was a billboard on the wall and a calendar. That old man was right; there really was nothing in there. 

But it didn't quite look like it's been 5 years since anyone was in there like he said. It looked like the place had been...recently cleared? Like, the dust on the shelves wasn't so thick? At least not under the flashlight from my phone. Ahh...I don't know! 

I looked around.

The calendar was from 5 years ago. Some dates were scribbled out, I moved closer to have a better look. 

The date 17th was circled.

'Moving day!!' And there was an address.

'Seoul Gian-Gu...' 

That is around my place, isn't it? Quite far away from here...

'...Gian 2 123-456'

'So, five years ago, this James Lee guy moved over to Seoul, to this address. He was living there with Dan under the name of 'Daniel Park'. He attended J high with us, and now he's admitted at the hospital.'

'....I see.'

.

.

.

I was headed at the address scribbled on the calendar. It was rather dark, with the hour-long train ride back to Seoul, and I wasn't really sure if I should be going to a neighborhood I'm unfamiliar with, at this late hour of the night.

'Maybe I'll just find the address and leave. And go check there tomorrow morning.

Yeah. Let's just find the location for now.'

.

.

.

It was a mountain neighborhood. I finally found the damn house.