14. Gambling, sports and practice...

Everyone's been talking about easy money these days. I heard from Jace that everyone's into gambling and betting games.

Duke, Jiho and Zoe have been hanging out with Dan and me at the store for a while.
And Jiho started at it too.

He said he had "information" about the results.
He urged us to try too but I was too scared for these kinda stuff. So was Dan and Duke. Zoe didn't bother.

__________________________

'What the hell Jiho?!'

Me, Dan, Crystal and Zoe were at the store when Jiho came in, soaking wet from the rain outside.

He messed up big time. He kept on betting, and ended up actually getting his house deeds loaned and lost all that money... long story short, he was devastated.

I've never seen a more complicated situation in my life!
What on earth is he going to do to get that money back?
Is it even possible to begin with?!

We were all clueless and confused when Crystal told us that her sister might know someone who could help.

Ohh, Crystal's sister was that girl who came with Gun on the festival day, and her name was also Crystal.

There's Dan & Daniel and now Crystal & Crystal.

.

.

.

When Crystal said someone would be coming to help, I hadn't expected it to be a kid.
But then again, Crystal was confident he could, so who am I to judge?

_______________________

300,000 dollars!

'Kouji' got out 300,000 dollars from that betting website. He is a genius alright!

I don't know why, but he said Jay had some amazing smell, like Crystal. And I smelled "decent" in his opinion...

He was also a little cocky, yes but sure intelligent.

Anyway, Jiho got back his money. And that was the end of another long night.

____________________

It's the sports day at school today.
I've signed up for the relay race. I was the first runner, Yui the second, Jay third and Daniel last.

I wasn't the most physically active, but I really wanted to try it.

The workout sessions with Euntae has definitely helped with my speed and stamina, I mean, I run with him 10 kms everyday.

Each class wore costumes of a kind. .

Practical music wore line characters' outfit, our department chose honey bee costume, dinosaur costume with balloon legs for architecture department and military for vocal & dance department.

There were a lot of other competitions before the relay, ones that Euntae and Daniel kept on winning.

I was anxious about the relay race I wasn't able to pay much attention to any of them.
Our race was the last event.

That's when I noticed that Zack was running too, but only he was representing the beauty department. Was that even allowed?

Zack was very fast, so I've heard and seen, it was worth watching.

So it began.

And I ran.

I didn't care about anything or anyone else, I just focused on holding on to the baton and reaching Yui.

In about 15 seconds, I reached her and passed her the baton.

Three fourth of the competition was remaining, and I was out of breath. I kept my eyes fixed on the remaining runners.

Yui passed the baton to Jay just as a girl from beauty handed it over to Eli Jang.

Those two were way ahead of everyone else.

They passed it to the anchors, Daniel and Zack. Everyone had their eyes fixed on them.

Zack overtook Daniel for a small period of time, but as they were reaching the finish line, Daniel took a quick leap and... won.

Everyone burst into cheers, and with that the last competition was over.

There was a talent show after that, and yes, a performance by Daniel and Duke.

The event ended with the after party.

___________________________

(FEW DAYS LATER)

"I am not a loser!"

Hobin had streamed earlier today. I watched the video just now, goosebumps are all I could feel.

Pakgo had humiliated him in a livestream before, and Hobin had stopped uploading for a month.

Today, he streamed a video where he fought him back and actually won.

Calf-kick and an overhand hook. That's what it took for him to win.

'That was really inspirational...
Now I feel like I wanna learn them too.

Let's look it up, calf kick huh?'
I found a few videos that explained the two moves and how to do them.

Must say, it wasn't as easy as it looked.

"There are no shortcuts. Effort will not betray you"

'Right!'

Practice! Hobin practiced for a month, he was persistent.

If I wanna do that, I must practice too.

I had forgotten to publish this chapter before😅😓😓

I only just realised...