36: Visit

'Nope, this isn't right. It doesn't quite feel right.

I should at least...go check-'

I've been overthinking it ever since I got home. I know I said it's best to leave it as it is, but I just don't think I can. I need to talk to him, I wanna know why he did it. Then, maybe I can finally move on. 

I just yelled at him last time and left. I was upset yes, but-

'Ahhh screw this! I hope I don't regret this.'

.

.

.

"Jiho Park."

"You are?"

"His classmate." Would they actually allow it? I didn't think this through...

"Come with me."

Here I am, visiting Jiho at the juvenile hall. 

'I must be out of my mind to be doing this right now-

Well, too late to back out now sigh'

[Now I have no idea if it's allowed for a minor to visit someone at the prison all by themselves and if the law permits it, it's for the sake of the story please bear with me😅]

"Wait here till he arrives."

I'm currently seated in the visitor's room, waiting till I get taken to some other room where they'd let me see him for 5 minutes. And it seems I'm not the only one here. 

There were another three people, probably together from the way they were facing each other from their seats, talking. The room was not especially big and they were within hearing distance from me but I wasn't actively listening to them, lost in my thoughts and preparing to see Jiho.

That is, till I felt I heard some familiar names being spoken.

"We need to get the money ready before next Friday. We've got to be doing something or the other. Jake's trying his best to make money, even after he's gotten locked up inside."

"But how? A hundred million won, not like we're gonna make that much by selling clothes with the girls."

"Now that the betting ring's off, we're going to be needing some other source of income. And they've confiscated all that we've made till now, we're hopeless."

"Hey don't be like that. That's what we're here for, after all, let's discuss this with Jake. Let's not be making any decisions of our own."

"That's what you always say, Jerry. It's about time we start looking for solutions on our own."

"I agree. I don't get why Jerry can't see this, but Jake's changing, and I don't like that. 

He went overboard with the collection and that's probably why-"

"Jake Kim. Only one of you can go inside right now." 

And I saw a rather large, bulky-framed, bald(?) person walking out towards the visiting room.