5: Meeting some others

And soon, it was tomorrow.

I left for school a little earlier than usual, so I walked rather slowly, feeling the bright morning sun and the cool breeze on myself. This never gets old.

I got to school and found my classroom empty.
I had not gotten a full tour of the campus yet so I thought this could be a fine opportunity to do so.

The architecture department was our immediate neighbor

The architecture department was our immediate neighbor. I didn't know if I could go in, so I stood outside and looked in through the window.

Only a few students had come.

I recognized Euntae and Jace.

They were wearing jumpsuits that had the letters 'BNC' on their back.
I wonder what that means.

Also, they had tattoos on themselves.

'Are minors allowed to get tattoos? Well, they sure don't look like minors, so maybe they got away with it.
They look way more mature than you'd expect of freshmen at high school.
We're the same age but I probably look like a child next to them😳.'

"Erm, why are you staring at us? Did you need something?"
I was jerked out of my thoughts as I heard Jace's voice.

Omg, I didn't mean to stare. I was just lost in thoughts.
Now I would look like some kind of a creep caught gaping!
What should I do? Should I just say I was looking around? Will he buy it? What kind of an expression was I making?

"I don't remember seeing you here before? Are you new here?" He asked again.

"Oh, yes, I'm new. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to stare. I was just looking around the building...."
I tried my best to sound confident.

"It's okay.
There was another transfer too, right? Is he in your class?"

"Yes, Daniel Park"

"What was your name again?"

"Kyra... Kyra Cho"

"Alright, Kyra. I am Jace Park. And this here is..."

"I'm Euntae Lee", he introduced himself.

"We call him Vasco", Jace added.

"That guy is Mason, next to him is Woong and the one lying down is....what was his name again...Taejoon Park", he introduced the others.

"Ohh, okay😃"

"Okay then. You were looking around the campus, yes? I'll leave you to it. If you'd like a tour or anything, just tell us", Jace offered.

"I'll keep that in mind. Thank you. Bye for now"

"Bye"

'That went fairly well.' I told myself.
If only everyone was like that...

'Now, remember, when you reach the next classroom, don't stare...'

'Just look once, then look away.
Count 'two Mississippi' or something.
And if they ask anything, don't stutter and answer confidently.'

'Hah, I wish it was that easy.'

I walked past the stairs.

Students from the animation department were so absorbed in sketching and coloring I felt I shouldn't interrupt them😅.

That left me with the last classroom on our floor, the vocal & dance department.

But as I progressed towards the classroom, I heard a loud 'BAM'

"I have told you not to stand in my way you f*cking pig!!", and I saw a guy getting kicked out of the V&D classroom.

A guy wearing shades made his way out.

"Why the hell do you keep coming here? Do you really think you could be something, you self-proclaimed rapper?
Haha, what a joke!
Stay out of my sight!", and he walked away.

"Are you alright?" I asked the guy who was now getting up from the floor.

I suddenly noticed a notepad he seemed to have dropped and picked it up.
It was open so I caught a glimpse of what was inside.
Since he just came out of the V&D classroom, I assumed those were lyrics of some sort.

As someone who does a bit of light writing (I kinda write down or record random lines that flash in my mind, I don't show them to anyone though), I naturally felt interested to know what kind of stuff he wrote.

But I shouldn't and wouldn't peep into other people's personal things.

"Here", I handed it over to him.

"Thank you, and, I'm fine", he replied.
"Are you new here? Which class?"

"Yes, fashion. The name's Kyra..."

"Duke Pyeon"

...

Should I ask him whether that guy was bullying him? Would he feel bad if I ask him that?
I probably shouldn't.

I also wanted to ask if he was a rapper.
But that guy called him a 'self-proclaimed rapper', so it might not be a good time to ask that either.

He wouldn't mind if I asked about the book though right?

"That book...do you write songs?"

"Well, I write what comes to my mind. I don't know if I would call them 'songs' though", he answered, looking slightly timid.

"I asked because I write a bit too. Not songs, just lines😅", I told him.

"You do?"

"Yeah"

Drrrinnng

The bell rang, and it was time for our classes to begin.

"I'll see you later then Duke", I waved goodbye.

"I'll see you too"

I hurried back to class.

Hey y'all!

I wasn't very sure how to have the very first exchange between all the characters, and since it was school, I thought Kyra walking around the corridor, randomly meeting the others was probably the best idea😜

The beginning is usually troublesome...

In the original storyline too, the first few episodes are character introductions(as is needed of course!)
so I don't have many ideas on what to do differently...

Thank you for reading:)
I'd be delighted to hear your feedback and also criticisms if any so comment them down...
Bye for now👋