3: Choices

Today, Mira introduced me to some of our other classmates.
There were Jay, Yui, Doo, Jiho, Nimsoo, and some others whose names I can't recollect.

I also saw students from other departments.

It so happened that the man who came for chocolate milk the other day belonged in the architecture department. His name was Euntae but everyone called him Vasco. And there was his friend, Jace Park, who seemed to be around him all the time. They must be close friends.

In the beauty department, there was only one guy, Eli Jang and I must say, he appeared to be too eager in giving everyone haircuts.

There were practical music, baking, and computer departments too but I didn't see any students from there during the morning hours.

I kinda skipped lunch (I know it's not healthy but I wasn't hungry at all) so I stayed back in the classroom. And as someone who enjoys some peace and quiet, I was rather content with my decision. I just sat there, thinking about random stuff until the bell rang and everyone came back to the class.

____________________________

Daniel came by my seat to say hello. We hadn't had a proper conversation yet, so I was a little worried on how to start.

"So, you work at the convenience store." He said to me.

"Oh, yes. I work there part-time."

"I was there to enquire about the night shift you see. My friend had been looking for a job, so..."

"Yeah, I figured. What does your friend do? Does he go to our school too, maybe another department?"

"Well, he is preparing for the GED, but is not going to a school as of now." He said after a moment of thought.

"Ohh, okay"

...

"Alright then. I'll see you around"

"Yeah"

Daniel

Affable

_____________________________

Daniel helped me in putting up the juice boxes and noodles on the shelves. He seemed quite nervous at first, probably because it was his first day here, but then he was at ease as we began to talk.

And soon it was time for me to leave.

"I'd get going then. See you tomorrow. Good luck on your first day" I told him as I walked out of the store.

_______________________________

"GOOD MORNING. GET OUTTA BED RIGHT NOW SO YOU COULD MOVE AHEAD WITH YOUR LIFE!!."

My phone started to shout. I record my sound and set it as the alarm ringtone because I find it easier to wake up to my own yelling than any music😁.

It was 5 AM.
I did a bit of studying: went through the stuff taught yesterday and the topics I felt would likely be taken today.

I'm not sure if it might sound unusual coming from a student, but I kinda like studying. I feel a sense of accomplishment if I manage to finish what I had intended to study and it gives me motivation to keep going.
I also like the feeling I get while I'm at it.

But a loud and noisy environment is not really my thing. Which is why I prefer to do it during early morning or late night, when everything is calm and tranquil. I also study while at work because the store is usually not so full of people.

It was almost 6 AM when I was done.
There was time for me to go for a run before I got ready for school and soon I was running at the park. It was rather refreshing after the studying stuff I just did.

There were some other people too.

We're at the same park running next to each other but in a few hours, each of us would be at different places, doing different stuff and we'd carry on living lives different from each other.

It is quite often that I get caught up in a sonder. At times, I wish I was invisible so I could just observe and examine the world and its people.

It's fascinating isn't it, how something we do affects the world in a way we might've never imagined. How a simple act of making a decision could end up changing our life for the best or the worst.

I get scared to make decisions sometimes. It makes me wonder, just what would've happened it I'd chosen any of the other options I had. I feel like doing nothing because I get anxious thinking about it. But that's how life is. We all will have to make choices. And there will be situations where we don't get to choose and will just have to roll with it.

Anyways, I checked my phone to see that the pedometer measured 3 and a half miles. I decided to conclude the activity and go home.

And cut!😂

That's it for today.

Thank you for reading:)

I'm going rather slow paced am I not? With respect to the original story of Lookism, it's only been episode 5 or 6 yet.
I'll try to see if I can speed up, but then again, I'm not very sure what I'm doing at all, so I guess we'll have to just wait and see what I can come up with😳