19: Picnic

Today was our school picnic day. 

Since I transferred during the middle of an academic year, I couldn't go for the picnic as a freshman. Now being a sophomore, I was indeed very excited for this day. 

If only I could get some more sleep last night, Notte world theme park could've been way more enjoyable😩.

Daniel, Zack, Mira, Zoe, Jay, his sister Joy and Jiho were going together as a group. 

Duke couldn't come because he was auditioning for some show. 

Euntae and Jace were trying out different rides too. 

I was too drained to join them so I had to find an empty bench on one of the less noisy areas and try to fall asleep or at least get some amount of rest.

I sat in a half-asleep, half-awake state for a while, for a long time in fact, till the point my mind began to be clear again. 

'Maybe I should try something out, I came to Notte world anyway so...'

I roamed around for a bit before I saw Jiho sitting on a bench. He seemed down and, a bit, lonely?

I don't know if I should be doing this, but...

"Hey Jiho👋"

"Uhh, oh it's you", he looked up to me as I sat next to him. 

"What are doing here? I thought you were with the rest of your friends?"

"...they ditched me and went on ahead..." 

 "They did?"

"I mean, Daniel and Jay went in one direction, Zack, Mira and Zoe went in another.
They wouldn't let me tag along..." 

Ohhh right!

"Jiho, I want to apologize to you about yesterday, I'm sorry I left you on your own. 
It's just that I remembered something so I had to go", I told him, knowing I can't possibly reveal what I had been actually doing.

"It's okay, I'm used to it by now"

Aahh, that makes me sound like I ditched him, I really had no intention to... ohh no he must have felt bad when I left without any explanation.

"Hey, I'm really really sorry, honestly. I realise that was rude of me to just leave without an explanation. 

...you know what, let me make it up to you. Let's hang out today. 

You're not going with anyone, neither am I so let's do something together. Maybe go get snacks or try out some rides? 
What do you say?"

"You're not just saying that because you pity me, are you?"

"No, I really do wanna make up for yesterday and I do think this could be fun. Let's just see if it works. Okay?"

I was happy to see that his face lit up when he said "fine, let's go".

I felt my sleepiness slowly receding.