Chapter 2

(Readers POV)

It's late at night. I'm in a room filled with other students. I'm just sitting by myself. I took a deep breath and let out a long sigh.

(Y/N): If I'm going to be here, I need to make friends.

I looked around the room. I saw Ruby talking to a blonde girl. I saw that Weiss girl laying down on a sleeping bag on the other side of the room.

(Y/N): I don't think Weiss wants to make friends.

I looked around a bit more and saw the girl with a bow on her head. She's sitting against a wall and reading a book. She did help me with directions. I don't even know her name yet.

(Y/N): Guess I'll talk to her.

I walked over to her. She looked up from her book and looked at me. I waved at her.

(Y/N): Hey... It's me again.

Blake: Hey.

She looked back at her book.

(Y/N): I want to say thanks again for helping me earlier today.

Blake: You're welcome.

She said without looking away from her book.

(Y/N): My name is (Y/N) (L/N).

Blake: I'm Blake Belladonna.

Now I know her name. At least I'm making progress.

(Y/N): What are you doing?

That's such a dumb question! I can tell what she is doing, so why did I ask?!

Blake: Reading this book...

She looked up at me.

Blake: ...And I want to be alone.

She is mean. I kinda regret not talking to Weiss now. She clearly doesn't want me to be here talking to her.

(Y/N): Alright. It was nice talking to you Blake.

I walked away from her and went back to where I was sitting before.

(Y/N): Blake really likes to be alone. I guess talking to people isn't for everyone.

I looked ahead and saw Ruby and blonde girl talking to her. What the?! Why does Blake want to them and not me?! Is it because I'm a guy?

(Y/N): I have to know...

I started to use my semblance. My hearing got way better, so I can hear the conversation from here. Maybe I can get an idea of how to talk to Blake.

Ruby: Your book... Whats it about?

Blake: It's about a person with two souls, fighting for control.

Next time, I should try talking about books.

Blake: I really like this book because-

Weiss: Can you all quiet down?! People are trying to sleep!

I jumped up in surprise and covered my ears. That was really loud, I'd be surprised if my ears aren't bleeding. I stopped using my semblance and my hearing went back to normal.

(Y/N): I'm going to sleep. This isn't a good night.

I went over to a sleeping bag, that Ozpin gave me, and laid down in it. I closed my eyes and let myself fall unconscious.

(The Next Morning)

I'm standing on a cliffside with Ozpin and Glynda.

(Y/N): Aren't there supposed to be other students here?