Chapter 49

(Readers POV)

Me, Hazel, Tyrian, Emerald, and Mercury are outside of mother's castle. I looked at all their faces and they're confused why we are out here. I saw my mother walk past everyone, with Hound following her.

Salem: I'm glad to see everyone is here.

Hazel: If you don't mind me asking. Why are we out here?

Salem: We are going to Atlas today.

Mother lifted her hands up, making the ground shake violently. A huge whale Grimm emerged from a pool of black sludge. I'm pretty sure it's bigger than mother's castle.

Salem: I've been working on this. This Grimm will be how we go to Atlas. Everyone get in.

The whale Grimm opened its mouth as everyone walked inside of it. We all walked into a huge room with a throne in the middle of it.

Salem: I made a room for everyone here. You can stay there for the meantime.

Everyone nodded their heads and walked away, probably wanting to explore this place. When did mother make a house out of a Grimm?

Salem: Sweetie, you aren't going to your room?

(Y/N): No. I'll stay with you for the ride.

Mother smiled at me and gave me a hug. She walked over to the throne and sat down on it. Hound laid down next to the throne.

Salem: You might want to hold onto something.

I felt the floor shake. I looked outside of the slightly opened mouth and saw the Grimm started to fly. This thing can also fly?!

Salem: Amazing, is it not? I decided to give a lot of the Grimm now the ability of flight. I saw how you would so gracefully fly through the sky and it inspired me.

(Y/N): This Grimm is amazing... I'm honored you would do something because of me.

I felt my hand start to shake. I'm going to Atlas now. That's where Blake and the rest of my friends are. But mother is with me. This can't be a good thing.

Salem: (Y/N)? Why are you shaking?

I took a deep breath and held my arm, trying to make my shaking stop.

(Y/N): I'm fine. Do not worry about me, mother.

Salem: If something is troubling you, you can talk to me. I will make sure I hear every word that comes out of your mouth.

(Y/N): ...I want some advice.

Salem: Which is?

(Y/N): What would you do if you wanted to keep someone you care about safe, but someone else you also care about is against them?

Salem: Why would you ask something like that? Is there someone you care about that's against me?

I looked back at mother and her red eyes pierced through me. It's like her caring mother nature disappeared and only malice remained. It made my heart start to beat faster and my body slowly filled with fear. I couldn't move at all, like my body froze in place.

Salem: Is it the bastard that dare calls himself your father?

(Y/N): N-No...

Mother calmed down a bit and let out a sigh.

Salem: Then who is it? You will tell me, won't you?

(Y/N): It's... It's my girlfriend.

Mother looked at me for a few moments that felt like an eternity.

Salem: Then why not have her join our side? I'm sure she would be a great addition to us.

When I heard mother say that, it made me mad. Blake isn't just some tool to be used that can be switched from one side to the other.

(Y/N): I don't know. I'll just have to ask her when I see her again.

Salem: You should get some rest. We are going to be very busy when we arrive at Atlas.

I nodded my head and walked over to Hound. I laid down next to him and rested my head on his body. I closed my eyes and quickly fell asleep.

(Time Skip)

I felt something warm and wet being dragged across my face. I opened my eyes to see Hound licking me. I petted his head and stood up. I saw everyone else standing in front of mother's throne.

(Y/N): What's going on?

Salem: We are at Atlas. And we have some company.

I heard two pairs of footsteps getting closer. I looked over to my right and saw Cinder and Neo walking towards us. I saw Roman Torchwick's soul behind Neo, clinging onto her at all times. Is he watching over her, even after death? He looked at me, not saying a word.

Emerald: Cinder!

Salem: Cinder, you made it. I see you brought someone with you.

Cinder: This is Neo. She can be of great help to us.

Salem: As long as she stays loyal, then I won't mind having someone new to have around.

Cinder looked over at me. I can see some hatred in her eyes. I couldn't help but smile at her. I felt joy. Joy that the woman I wish to kill most is here at my feet.

Salem: (Y/N). Is something troubling you?

(Y/N): No mother. In fact, I've never felt better.

Cinder reached behind her and held the Relic that Team RWBY had. She handed it over to mother.

Salem: So you didn't come back empty handed. I'm proud of you Cinder.

Wait. If Cinder got the Relic, then that means she must've fought Team RWBY. If she hurt Blake, then I'm going to make sure she suffers!

(Y/N): Cinder... How did you get the Relic?

Cinder: I just played my cards right and got the Relic from under their noses. Jealous that I've done more than you-

Salem: I will not have that kind of talk directed at my child.

Mother summoned a red glyph under Cinder and a Grimm hand came out of it, grabbing Cinder's face.

Salem: Let this be an example of what happens if you think ill of my son.

Cinder was freed from her little prison. Mother started to walk of.

Salem: The rest of you can enjoy Atlas. It's not very common we travel like this.

I nodded my head while walking off. I noticed mother hold up the Relic to Hound and he sniffed it. He walked away. I'm guessing he got the scent of someone and went to find them. Oh, that's it!

(Y/N): Mother.

Salem: Yes?

(Y/N): Before I go and enjoy myself, can I see the Relic for a moment?

Mother smiled at me and walked over to me. She handed my the Relic. I slightly brought it up to my nose and sniffed it. I can smell Blake's scent on it.

Salem: Why do you wish to see it?

(Y/N): Well. I'm just so fascinated by it. It just has some sort of draw to me.

I handed it back to mother. She walked out of the room, most likely going to put the Relic somewhere safe. I grew a pair of wings and flew out of the whale Grimm. I quickly went to find Blake using her scent. I saw the huge city that is Atlas and it's floating above another city. I can tell Blake is in Atlas.

(Y/N): Blake. Soon... I'll have you back and I promise we won't be separated ever again.

(Chapter 49 end)