Chapter 44

(Blake's POV)

I quickly ran outside of the house and looked around, looking for (Y/N). I couldn't see him anywhere.

Blake: (Y/N)?! (Y/N)?!

I didn't get any kind of response back. All I got was some people nearby looking at me funny. I felt a hand get placed on my shoulder. I looked back and it's Yang.

Yang: Come on.

I sighed and walked past her, walking back inside the house. I saw Jaune, Ren, and Nora walk up a nearby set of stairs. I guess they're getting some time for themselves. I looked over at Oscar and he looks confused and sad.

Ruby: What should we do now?

Blake: I think we all could use some space.

I walked over to the couch and sat down. I saw everyone else leave the room. I put my hands on my knees and clenched them in frustration. After I finally find (Y/N). I get to see him after all this time and he runs away!

Blake: This is karma, isn't it? This is what I get for running all my life.

That has to be what it is. I get to see my love again and I lose him again! Some tears came out of my eyes and fell onto my lap. I think I need a nap, to calm myself down. I laid down on the couch and closed my eyes, falling asleep.

(Readers POV)

I kept watching the house, waiting. Blake came out a minute ago and screaming my name.

(Y/N): Blake... I'm sorry.

I tried to get off the building I'm on top of, but I stopped myself.

(Y/N): But mother said to wait patiently. I can't disobey mother.

I slapped myself in the face.

(Y/N): Blake sounded sad though. She must be hurting and I want to be there to help her get through the pain.

I felt my head start to ache. It feels like it's splitting in two.

(Y/N): But mother said! I can't go against her word!

I took a few deep breaths to calm myself down. Mom said nothing about what I need to do after I get Oscar and the Relic. That will be my chance to get to Blake.

(Y/N): Yeah, that will be my plan.

I felt something cold land on my cheek. I looked up at the sky and it's lightly snowing. I felt myself quickly become cold. I made a thick layer of fur around my body, warming me up. I laid down on the ground.

(Y/N): I'm positive that no one will be leaving soon. I can take a quick nap.

I closed my eyes and snuggled up into my fur.

(Hours Later)

I kept watching Saphron's house. I saw Jaune, Ren, and Nora leave sometime ago. It's nighttime and I haven't seen anyone else leave.

(Y/N): Where did those three go?

I grew a pair of wings and flew away. I looked down at the town. I saw a park. I flew down and landed on the ground. I walked around the park. I saw a statue and I felt my heart stop for a moment.

(Y/N): N-No...

I quickly ran up to it. It's a statue of Pyrrha Nikos! I... I thought I locked her in my memories. Why do I have to be reminded of her again?!

(Y/N): It's nothing. Nothing. It shouldn't effect me anymore.

I started to walk away. I felt someone watching me from behind. I looked back and didn't see anyone.

(Y/N): My mind must be playing tricks...

I stopped myself from talking when I saw dark red smoke around the statue. The smoke came off the statue and started to form into a figure. The figure's features started to develop, revealing to be Pyrrha.

(Y/N): Pyrrha?

Pyrrha smiled at me.

Pyrrha: It's been awhile. I've waited to see your friendly face again.

(Y/N): Why? Why talk to me?

Pyrrha: I've been watching you. (Y/N)... Why are you siding with them?

(Y/N): You mean with Salem? If you've been watching me like you say, then you know she is my mother.

Pyrrha: I know, but Cinder is with her. You've encountered Cinder and you didn't try to avenge me or Amber.

(Y/N): Amber? How do you know about her?

Pyrrha: I was supposed to gain her power, but Cinder took it. When I was being giving her aura, all I felt from her was a hope that someone would avenge her. You said you would back at Haven, so why break a promise like that?

I felt my heart start to race. I don't know what to do. Pyrrha is right. I'm making a mockery of Amber! I'm working with the woman that killed her and Pyrrha! I held my head and got down on my knees. It feels like my head is going to split again! The pain in my head and this pain in my heart, it's becoming too much for me to handle.

(Y/N): I'm so confused... I don't know what to do... Pyrrha, what do I do?!

She looked at me. I can't tell what she's thinking. Her face is painted with pity... Or is it remorse?

Pyrrha: ...

Pyrrha started to disappear. I crawled over to her, reaching out to her. I tried to grab her, but my hand went right through her.

(Y/N): Pyrrha! Please don't go!

She disappeared completely. I felt some tears fall from my eyes. I looked up, locking eyes with the statue of Pyrrha. I heard someone walking towards me. I hand got placed on my shoulder. I looked over and saw a woman with red hair and green eyes.

Pyrrha's Mom: Is everything alright?

I noticed she is holding some flowers. I wiped my tears and stood up. I can tell this woman is a relative of Pyrrha.

(Y/N): I'm fine. Sorry for disturbing you.

I flew up into the air. I looked down and saw Jaune walking up to the statue. I quickly made it back to the building I was originally on and landed. I looked over at Saphron's house.

(Y/N): What should I do? Wait...

I remember asking my mother a question. My question was along the lines of "What do I do to people I don't like?". Her words rang in my mind.

Salem: You get rid of them of course.

I smiled to myself. I'll get rid of Cinder. I don't like her and mother has never said anything about killing or not killing Cinder. I started to laugh to myself. My laughter became louder and crazier as time went on. I felt the insanity in my body leave me. My laughter died down and I stopped.

(Y/N): Soon, I will take my mother's advice...

(Chapter 44 end)