Chapter 24

(Blake's POV)

It's been awhile since the attack on Beacon. I put my hands on some rails and looked out into the open water of the ocean. I heard some footsteps getting closer.

Captain: Traveling alone?

I jumped in surprise and grabbed the hilt of Gambol Shroud. I looked over and saw that it's just the captain of the boat I'm on.

Captain: Now, now, no threat here. Just here to chat.

I calmed down and took my hand off my weapon.

Blake: And why is that?

Captain: Well, not many people travel by boat on their own. It can be quite a lonely voyage. But I found those that do tend to have the more... interesting stories.

I turned from him.

Blake: Maybe it's just... better for some people to be alone.

I heard some laughing behind. I gasped and turned around, seeing two kids running. I turned back around and tried to calm myself down again. I heard the captain laugh.

Captain: Maybe, but with your paranoia, I think a few friendly faces wouldn't hurt.

Blake: Who says I'm paranoid?!

Captain: No one, dear, no one. I'll leave you be.

I heard his footsteps going away.

Captain: But uh, fair warning, these trips can be awfully boring.

I heard him walk away. I sighed to myself and reached up, grabbing my bow and taking it off.

Blake: Won't be needing this.

I let go off the ribbon. The wind caring it off and landing it into the water. I felt the breeze hit my cat ears, it feels nice. I thought back to what happened at Beacon. I just can't get the image out of my mind. (Y/N) laying there unconscious without his arm. It haunts me.

Blake: Maybe coming out here was a bad idea.

I don't even know if (Y/N) is awake, I left everyone without telling them where I'm going, and I'm always getting this feeling that I'm being watched.

Blake: I'm just imagining things, right? I'm sure I'll calm down when I make to Menagerie.

I walked away and headed off to my room on this boat. Maybe a quick nap will help.

(A Few Hours Later)

I walked out of my room and made it to the middle deck. I looked out into the ocean. I heard something creak. I looked up and saw a hooded figure looking at me. I got Gambol Shroud ready.

Blake: Who's there?!

The cloaked person just looked at me, not saying a thing. They looked ahead and jumped into the water. I looked at the ocean.

Blake: What was that?

I saw the calm water start to turn into waves. The hooded figure jumped out of the water and a Grimm jumped out of the water, shooting lightning out of its mouth. The hood came off the person. That can't be!

Blake: (Y/N)?!

(Y/N) dodged the lighting and kicked the Grimm in the face, knocking it down into the water. Fins grew out from (Y/N)'s arms and legs and dived into the water.

Blake: His arm is back?!

I heard a rumbling sound. The Grimm came out of the water, with (Y/N) in hot pursuit. (Y/N) grew some wings and grabbed the Grimm. He flew over to an area with a bunch of rocks and threw the Grimm onto them, stabbing the Grimm. The Grimm screamed in pain. (Y/N) dived down, spinning around and kicked through the Grimm's head, killing it.

Blake: I have to be seeing things. There's no way (Y/N) is here.

(Y/N) flew over and landed next to me. He got rid of the wings and fins on his body.

(Y/N): Hey Blake. It's been awhile, huh?

I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around him tightly. He returned the hug.

Blake: I missed you. I'm sorry for leaving you behind.

I'm trying my hardest to hold back my tears.

(Y/N): It's fine. I'm here now, so you don't have to miss me.

I broke the hug and touched his arm. It's real. I'm not seeing things.

(Y/N): Wondering about the arm?

Blake: I saw it cut off. How is it back?

(Y/N): Well. There are many animals that can grow limbs back if they lose them. So it wasn't that hard to replicate.

Blake: How did you find me?

(Y/N): I woke up a few weeks after what happened at Beacon. I was with Qrow and Yang told me that you ran off by yourself. It's not that hard to find you, your scent is pretty recognizable.

I felt a pit in my stomach. He went through all this trouble to find me.

(Y/N): Why did you run away? Everyone is worried about you. I know I was when I first heard the news.

Blake: You wouldn't understand.

(Y/N) looked down at the floor. He put his hands in his pockets.

(Y/N): You're stressed. I bet you thought that when I saw you again, I'd be mad.

I looked away from him. The pit in my stomach felt like it went deeper.

(Y/N): I'm clearly not. Wherever you're going, I'm sure it's somewhere that you can easily relax.

I felt a bit better to hear that (Y/N) isn't mad at me, but it doesn't make me feel better from everything else.

Blake: I just want to be alone right now.

I felt (Y/N) grab my shoulder. I looked at him and he has a determined look in his eyes.

(Y/N): I'm not letting you go through this alone. I may not fully understand your feelings, but I do have some of the ones you're feeling. From how tense you were earlier, a few friendly faces wouldn't hurt.

Blake: Wait, were you watching me for all this time?!

(Y/N): Yeah. I didn't really know how to introduce myself. I saw that Grimm approaching the boat so I took care of it.

I got mad at him and slapped him in the face. (Y/N) held his cheek and rubbed it, trying to soothe the pain.

Blake: That was for making me paranoid!

(Y/N): Got it got it. Message received. Don't scare you like that again.

(Y/N) looked around the boat and the ocean.

(Y/N): So where are we going anyway?

Blake: Home, to Menagerie.

(Y/N): Menagerie? You mean the island where only Faunus are allowed on?

Blake: Yep. That's the one.

(Y/N) nodded and a pair of cat ears popped out of his head.

(Y/N): You think it's convincing?

I just smiled at him and shook my head no.

Blake: They'll see through that one.

(Chapter 24 end)