Chapter 55

(Readers POV)

I looked at mother as she looked at me. The half of her face that wasn't Grimm has the look of pain, wanting help and the other half of her face isn't fazed in the slightest.

(Y/N): Mother...

Her face went completely Grimm again, causing the tear on her face to fall down. I clenched my fists.

(Y/N): You... You give me my mother back!

I ran forward, but Grimm me got in front of me. I tried to punch him out of the way, but he grabbed my arm and bit down on my shoulder. His teeth grew very sharp and long, digging into my shoulder. I screamed in pain as I tried to get him off of me. Grimm me yanked his head back, ripping off my arm in the process.

(Y/N): AAAAAHHHHH!!!

I held where my arm once was. I saw mother take a step back. She held her head as her eyes started to glow red.

Salem: I won't let you out... I'll get what I want!

Blake: (Y/N)!

I saw Blake stop fighting with Tyrian and Hazel to run over to me. Blake grabbed onto me. Grimm me was about to hit me, but Blake used her semblance to get me and her out of the way.

(Y/N): Thank you, Blake.

She looked at me and smiled. She readied her weapon and pointed it at Grimm me.

Blake: Let's take down this Grimm that dares to take your beautiful faces...

She looked back at me and sighed.

Blake: You can stop with the losing arm thing.

Grimm me looked confused. I smiled and I revealed that I was hiding an arm under my shirt.

(Y/N): You only bit off an extra arm. I'm amazed you didn't notice, since you are me. There's also a special something in that arm for you.

Grimm me spat out the arm, but it was already too late as that arm was filled with toxins. Grimm me fell down to the ground as he tried to move his body, but it was paralyzed. I laughed a little.

(Y/N): That should keep you busy for awhile.

I started to walk forward towards mother. As soon as I took a step past Grimm me, he opened his mouth and started to scream. I immediately fell down to my knees and my will to move was almost non existent. This happened to everyone too, expect mother.

Salem: Good to see one of my sons fight for me.

Salem grabbed the Relic of Knowledge as she started to walk away.

Salem: Son. Make sure everyone rots. I have what I came here for.

Wait. Did she say everyone? Is she actually going to leave everyone to die with their will draining away, even the people that were willingly helping her? My eyes started to get heavy as I tried my best to stand up.

(Y/N): J... J... JINN!!!

Everyone looked at me as time seem to freeze. I stood up as blue smoke came out of the relic. From the blue smoke I saw a tall blue skinned woman with dark blue hair form. Grimm me stopped screaming as he saw her.

Jinn: It seems that (Y/N) has called my name once again after so many years.

Salem: That's how to activate the relic.

Blake: (Y/N)? Why did you call Jinn?

Jinn: (Y/N). I can only answer one question for this century.

Only one question? That's good, since I only have one question.

Tyrian: Hahahahaha! You fool! Now our goddess knows how to use the relic! Even if she can't use it for one hundred years!

I looked at everyone and their faces are either confusion or concern. I looked at Jinn.

(Y/N): She won't. Because she'll fall today.

Salem: What is the meaning of this? Jinn, what does my son plan?

Jinn: He called my name. I can only answer a question from him.

I smiled. I looked back at father who is in Oscar's body. I then looked at mother.

(Y/N): Jinn. This is my question. I want my family back. Tell me! How do I save my mother?!

Mother's eyes glowed red again as she tried to attack me with a Grimm tentacle. Blue smoke covered the area as everyone disappeared from my sight. Blue smoke formed mother's castle and I can see mother sitting on her throne.

Jinn: Salem... A woman that has walked on this planet for more years than anyone else could comprehend. She was bitter and wanted the world end, because if she can't end herself then she will give everyone what she was denied. She would never care about anyone, expect for one person.

I saw myself walk into the room and walk up to mother's throne. She looked at me and a smile formed on her face.

Jinn: It was her son, (Y/N). The one person she would always care for, even if a million more years were to pass. It was almost unexplainable as it was like she would turn into a different person when she saw him. But that's because...

It showed mother turn into two people. One with the white skin, white hair, and black dress and the other was one with fair skin, light blonde hair, and a white dress.

Jinn: ...It was another person. The person Salem once was before she tried to end her life in the pool of Grimm still lingered inside. At first, she was still in control, but overtime the Grimm side of her took over. However Salem would always be able to take back control of the Grimm when she could see her son, even if only for a brief time.

The two mothers went back into one, showing the Grimm Salem again.

Jinn: Salem was once again trapped. Trapped in a tower that was her mind and body. Trapped, waiting for someone to come save her just like how Ozma did all those years ago.

Blue smoke covered the area and I saw that I'm in a white void. Jinn appeared in front of me.

Jinn: (Y/N)... If you wish to save your mother from the Grimm that takes hold of her, you must be the one to do it. You must become the knight your father once was and save Salem from her tower.

(Y/N): I will. I'll save her.

Jinn: Only with the call of her child can she find the will to fight back.

Blue smoke covered me again and when it went away, I was back in the giant Grimm with everyone else. Salem looked over at me and she was angry.

Salem: How dare you! Jinn! Jinn!

The relic did nothing. Salem threw the relic down in frustration.

Salem: I'll make sure you-

(Y/N): Mother! Please! Fight back! Fight back for me!

Salem took a step back and started to breathe heavily. The Grimm skin started to turn into her normal skin, but slowly went back to being Grimm.

Salem: I... Can't... Let you fight back...

Grimm me started to scream again, making everyone start to lose their will again. Salem shot a magical beam right through Grimm me's head, making him stop screaming.

Salem: (Y/N)... Now's your chance.

I smiled and ran directly at Salem. I grabbed onto her and started to pull. Just like what happened to me and my Grimm side back at Mantle, the same was happening to mother. Her body started to split into two. The two bodies completely separated, making me and the body I was pulling fall down to the ground. I looked at the fair skinned woman with light blonde hair. She looked at me back and gently smiled.

Salem: (Y/N)...

(Y/N): Mother...

I felt a tear escape my eye as I stood up. She stood up too.

(Y/N): Now let me take care of the people that separate my family.

(Chapter 55 end)