Chapter 43

(Blake's POV)

Nora: A long story? It better not be boring.

Ruby: Maybe we can tell you on the way to Atlas.

Qrow: I know there is a base near here that Ironwood runs. I'm sure they'll take us to Atlas.

Jaune: Well... About that... We already tried that.

Qrow: Then we can try for ourselves.

Ruby: Then let's try it.

Everyone started to walk out. I tried to walk out too, but (Y/N) stopped me.

(Y/N): Can you not go? I want to be with you some more.

(Y/N) looked at me in the eyes. I looked at my team and waved at them.

Blake: You go in ahead. I'll be here with (Y/N).

Ruby: That's fine Blake. We'll be back when we're successful!

Jaune: You aren't going to get anywhere.

Nora: Cmon Jaune and Ren! Let's go see them fail!

Nora pushed Jaune and Ren out of the house. I walked over to the couch and sat down on it. (Y/N) walked over and laid down, resting his head on my lap. No one else is in here, so it's just me and (Y/N). I looked down at him and he smiled at me.

(Y/N): I love you, I hope you know that.

Blake: Of course I do. I love you more than you love me.

(Y/N) let out a chuckle. Now every time I look at (Y/N)'s face, I think back to what I learned from Jinn. I can hear his screams and him covered in blood. It's giving me goosebumps. (Y/N) reached up and put his hand on my cheek.

(Y/N): Is something wrong?

Blake: No. No I'm fine. Just thinking back to something that happened.

(Y/N): You can tell me. I'll listen.

Blake: It's... It's about some Grimm we encountered while on our way here.

(Y/N): Some Grimm? Is there anything that made them special?

Blake: They're called the Apathy. Me and the team had to deal with some of them. They let out a scream that made everyone who heard it lose their will to do anything.

(Y/N): ...That's scary. You're giving me goosebumps now.

I nodded my head. I put my hand on (Y/N)'s face and looked at him.

Blake: Can you promise me something?

(Y/N): Of course. Anything for you.

Blake: I want you to promise me that you'll stay safe.

(Y/N) laughed a bit.

(Y/N): You make it sound like I'm about to go into a war or something.

Blake: R-Right. I'm just worried for you.

(Y/N): Don't worry. I won't make you worry. I promise to stay safe.

I smiled at him and leaned down, gently placing my lips on his.

Blake: Thank you.

(Y/N) grabbed onto my hand and kissed it.

(Y/N): Again, anything for you.

I felt my heart start to beat faster. (Y/N) closed his eyes and quickly fell asleep. I put my hand on top of his head and lightly stroked through his hair. (Y/N) looks so calm and peaceful when he sleeps.