CHAPTER 54

"Mom, dad..." I whispered with a shaky breath.

"Oh my God..." my mother gasped covering her mouth with shaky hands in disbelief.

"Rae..." my father called with tear filled eyes while holding up my mother who's knees were about to give up.

I could see the disbelief, the shock, the relief and the happiness in their eyes. I could feel my cheeks stained with tears and so was my mother's. Haden's grip on me loosened and I ran into their arms, the moment I was cocooned by them I could feel warmth and love, it finally felt like home.

"My baby, It really is you" my mom cried laying kisses atop my head rapidly.

"It's me Maama... papa" I whispered through tears

"My little angel, I really can't believe it" I could hear my dad's voice breaking with every word and I knew he was crying.

They squeezed the air out of my lungs with their embrace and it gave me life, it was the best moment of my life. I could feel an ocean of emotions as my body vibrated viscously from my audible cries. It felt warm in their arms, it felt like the safest place I could ever be and for that moment I felt peace, there was no Enzo, no supernatural world, no pregnancy, no pain, no nothing. My heart felt too heavy for my chest to carry, I used to take the little things for granted, that included their hugs and even the bare minimum of their presence. Never again.

I don't know how long we stood there with me wrapped up in their arms but soon enough our loud sobs grew quiet and there was an air of contempt. It felt unreal at that moment to be with them, it felt like God had finally sprinkled mercy on me like a rare seasoning.

My mother broke off the hug and held my shoulders at arms length assessing me then finally holding my cheeks. I missed her beautiful hazel irises and thick long lashes, the little mole beside her left eye and her soft features. She stared at me with so much love in her eyes and tears began to well up in both our eyes.

"My beautiful baby" she whispered tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear as a tear escaped her eye.

"I never thought I'd see you again" she placed a soft kiss on my forehead.

"I missed you both" I blinked away tears and hugged them really tight.

"Woah..." she said and pulled back slightly looking down at my bump, both their eyes grew wide and they stared at me in shock.

"Are you ok?" She asked with so much concern laced in her tone and I laughed wiping off tears. How bizarre for a woman with black blood to ask that and not whoop my ass at first glance of the bump.

"Yes! Right now I'm definitely fine" I sniffed with a chuckle.

"Mom how do you..." I heard a familiar voice and I turned around to see my only sibling holding a little baby in his arms. I felt another wave of tears coming.

"Holy mother of..." he froze and blinked, he looked like a deer caught in headlights.

"Hi bubba" I smiled with a tear stained face.

"B-but, I... Rae?" He couldn't get a coherent sentence out.

I walked over and hugged him tight, it took a few seconds to get him out of his dazed state and when he finally came, he returned the hug tightly.

"I missed you bubba" I whispered balling my eyes out quietly with the occasional sniffs. The name I gave him since I was two just stuck with me, I couldn't call him anything else even his name sounds bizarre when I say it.

"It's really you" his body shook feverishly with cries. Believe me it takes a lot for my brother to cry. After some time he let me go and stared at me attentively, it was evident that he was trying to make sense out of the situation. I turned to my mom who was now holding my little niece.