CHAPTER 30

Days have gone by and I'm still locked up, I don't know what the date is or what day it is, I just know what time it is. Enzo has been extremely attentive lately and he tries his best not to get on my bad side, he listens to me and speaks a few words like he normally does with everyone. He has made it his life's mission to always give me a cup of coffee or tea in the morning and a cup of hot chocolate before bed.  He even got us matching mugs with Mr and Mrs written on them and doesn't let me use any other mug. It should be cringe worthy but I find it funny and somewhat cute, so instead of being the rebel I am and reject the cup, I decided to accept and appreciate it.

He doesn't leave the room until I wake up and he greets me a good morning. He makes sure he comes back before 6pm whenever he goes out and he sometimes makes dinner when it's just the two of us. He smiles more now and on few occasions I caught glimpses of the child within him. Like the time he came back home very tired and stressed so I offered to cuddle with him, his face lit up and he jumped around the room for a few seconds like a seven year old then dived into bed and snuggled up, burying his face in my neck.

When I arrived this house, I thought things were going to be unbearable and they were for sometime, not too long ago even. But I think I'm warming up to this place and everyone. I've tried looking for ways to escape, but whenever the thought comes to me, someone or even Enzo would do something so sweet that I remember what they've all said about keeping me here for my safety. It's starting to feel like home as they days pass, it shouldn't, but it does.

"Babe?" Enzo called as he strolled into the kitchen.

"Hm?" I hummed in reply

"I won't be back home tonight. Is that ok with you?" He asked nervously making me glare at him in suspicion.

"Why? Where are you going?" I asked with a pointed look.

"I'm going to visit a near by pack, the alpha is getting out of line" he said smoothly massaging his temple with his thumb and forefinger, I don't know if he's a great liar or he's really telling the truth.

"Ok... sure" I decided to trust him.

"Thank you, I'll make sure to come back early tomorrow" he kissed my temple and I watched as he walked away, the muscles on his back flexing with each elegant stride he makes. Stop staring you creep!

A few minutes later, Lisa came running into the kitchen.
"Woah woah woah. Lisa what's wrong?" I asked holding her shoulders.

"The girls Luna. Their eyes..." I didn't let her finish, I ran up the stairs to the girls' room. But I found a certain golden eyed man cradling both girls in his arms.

"I felt a strange energy and I thought to come and check" Xavier explained. Then the girls began to stretch their hands out to me, they wanted to touch me. That means there's a message, but Xavier held their hands down as I tried to reach.

"What're you doing?"

"You're still recovering. Your body can't handle it" he said sternly.

"I don't care" I growled.

"You fucking should" he growled back like a wolf with his fangs on full display. He looked extremely frightening, but it didn't faze me. He would never hurt me.

I walked up to the girls and held their hands, I could here a growl bubbling up in his chest but I paid him no mind. I closed my eyes, but I only saw one thing, and heard a few words and They were enough to scar me.

I quickly let go of the girls, my body already covered in a thin layer of cold sweat. I crawled back and away from them till my back made contact with the wall. Xavier looked at me in total shock and Amara in confusion but I stared at them in horror, I could hear my own heartbeat picking up pace. I curled up into a ball and buried my face between my knees. This can't be fucking possible! Can it?!

"Take them" I heard Xavier say, then I heard the pitter pater of feet. The door closed and I felt a warm hand on mine.

"What did you see?" His warm hands settle on mine. With a deep shaky breath, I replied sternly

"Nothing"

"Tell me" he stated a bit more firmly.

"I said it's nothing" I raised my head and stood up slowly.

"You can't possibly expect me to believe that" he replied in disbelief

"I don't need you to" I said through clenched teeth and wobbled all the way downstairs to the living with Xavier in tow. I laid on the couch and tried to get my thoughts and emotions together.

"You know. You should tell someone what you saw, even if it's not me" Xavier said softly breaking the silence.

"It's not important. Why does it matter?"

"Because I've seen that fear in someone's eyes before!" He snapped and his body turned rigid. My mouth agape at his sudden outburst, but there's pain behind his tone and I can feel it. He took in a deep breath and let it out regaining his composure.

"I'm sorry" he whispered and stood up abruptly, his eyes now a very glowing gold.

"Who?" I asked as softly as I could.

"Excuse me Luna" and with that he walked away. Great! Now he's back to addressing me with that title again.

I can feel the pain radiating off of him, the disappointment, the regrets. He has always been so guarded, he's good at concealing his emotions so that I can't feel or read them like I do with everyone else. I knew from the start that Xavier was a walking mystery, I know little about him and his life which is odd cause no one else talks about it either.

Beta Donatello and I have a special bond, it is supernatural but it comes naturally. The bond between the Luna and Beta has been there for generations. The beta is there to protect the Luna at all costs and it comes instinctively for the beta.

There were times my clumsy ass would have tripped and fallen and I maybe would've broken a bone but Xavier was always there to catch me at the right time. There was this one time a few days after I was brought here, I hid in one of the rooms crying like a baby, missing my old life, then Xavier entered the room, he didn't say anything which was weird but he sat down next to me and gave me a tight hug and whispered "everything will be fine. I promise". That situation would have creeped me out, cause he was a stranger that I only spoke a few words to once, but at that moment where there was no one to comfort me his tight hug held me together and his words gave me the reassurance I needed. And I knew I could count on him no matter what, cause he stood up to the alpha for me, not once, not twice. We've never had heart to heart conversations but he comforts me when I need it, we have conversations sometimes and we joke around, play and laugh. But I only know what he lets me see.

Minutes later I searched for Xavier everywhere but I couldn't find him. Later on Lisa told me that he had gone out. I won't give up, he has to talk to me and if I should tell anyone what I saw, it should be him. I have a feeling he knows about it. He knows about her.