CHAPTER 3

Eli's eyes began to well up with tears.

"Eli please... we need you back here. The commander doesn't believe us! He thinks we're lying, he thinks we're hiding you from him! They tried tracking your phone but it led them to Rae's house" Aunt Mia's voice broke with every word.

"Eleanor honey, last night when we had the meeting he told us he wanted to take you with him. Your dad and I did not agree to it. But he told Alpha Stan that he'd consider it an act of war because we were denying him his mate!" Aunt Mia spoke sobbing hysterically. Eli's eyes were already swollen and frighteningly red, her tears cascading down her cheeks. I moved closer and held her in a tight hug.

"Sweetheart, Your father and I would never force you to go with him. We miss you and we're praying to God up above that you're safe. You need to talk this through with him, he's your mate, he'll still have a soft spot for you. But honey, please make your decision fast, no pressure but you really need to to think this through and fast. I love you so much my little bumble bee. Please call me as soon as you can" And with that the message ended. Way to put a lot of pressure Aunt Mia!

By the end of the voice mail, Eli was a full on sobbing mess. How can one species be so dramatic? And the unfortunate part is that I'm caught in the web of this theatrical mess. I just want a drama free life.

"Hey.... ssshh, Els calm down, you need to think this through" I rubbed Eli's back.

She stood up abruptly and started pacing around the room with tears falling uncontrollably. "I can't calm down Rae! This is really really bad, he's going to end my pack!"

"What do you mean by end?" I asked. Its not possibly what I think it is.

"An extermination Rae! they'll kill every single member of my pack like insects" she viciously wiped her tears.

"Wait is that even allowed?" I asked doubtfully.

"Haven't you been listening!" She shrieked. "He's the commander of the leading pack! His alpha has wiped out so many packs from existence that it's a pastime for them!" Her body shook feverishly. "They'll pull through with their promise and make me watch as they massacre my entire pack, including my family" she looked utterly terrified as she spoke and I felt a cold shiver run down my spine. They would really do it.

Did I just pick a fight with demons and the devil?

I gathered my thoughts and blanket my fear from Eli, she needs my strength. And so I gathered the little strength and courage I had and spoke.

"That's why you need to think this through Eli, you need to make a decision. And your mom is right, he is your mate" I reasoned with her, trying to ease my trepidation.

"If I'm not mistaken, when he arrived my front door with your dad and alpha Stan he looked worried. Let's just calm down and think this through" I tell her getting up from the dining chair and making my way to her. She quickly wiped her tears and took in a deep breath.

"You're right. Even if he is an asshole, I'm still his mate. And according to the almighty, I complete him whether he likes it or not!"

"That's the spirit!" I clap and fist bump Eli.

"I'll be in the room Rae. I need to think this through... Alone" I gave her a weak smile and pushed her towards the room.

"Go! Don't worry, I'll just clean up here"

Minutes later and Eli's still in the room 'thinking' and I gave her the much needed space. I decided to watch the movie hereditary to distract me from my unending thoughts. What if they figured out I lied to them and helped Eli? Would they kill me? Eli looked mortified, maybe they would. Thirty minutes later..