CHAPTER 25

It's been a day and Enzo never came home, Amara decided we should watch frozen 2 after the tea party we just had with her dolls and stuffed animals. Elsa and Ana were singing but my thoughts drowned their voices out, where did Enzo go to? His absence never disturbed me like this. 

"Where's daddy? He didn't tuck us in last night" Amara looked at me with big doe eyes.

"Daddy traveled, he had something important to do" I lied

"It's not because of the fwight you had the other night?" She asked and my eyeballs almost fell out of their sockets.

"Oh no, honey we weren't fighting, we were just uhm talking"

"I heard daddy yelling, he has never yelled before"

"Come here" I stretched out my hand and she cuddled up next to me. This little child has experienced too much fighting in her life, and we're not making things better for her. I kissed the top of her head and laid mine atop hers and stared at a sleeping Ara. My babies.

"Mateo in the building" Mateo casually strolled in with arms wide open and a cheeky grin, Amara got up and ran to him.

"Uncle Mateo!" She hugged his feet and he carried her up.

"How's my princess doing?" He tickled the side of her neck and she giggled.

"I'm doing gweat! We're watching fwozen" I got up from the couch.

"Your highness" he bowed.

"Uhm Mateo, What's with the formalities?" I cocked a brow and crossed my arms

"Well you're the queen now" he pointed out the obvious.

"So?"

"That's a huge and respected title"

"But it's not like anyone's ever going to know, it's just you guys so I don't see why we should be formal"

"Omero has arrived" he entered the same way his twin did.

"Uncle Omero!" Amara jumped to his arms from Mateo's

"Your highness" he bowed and I slapped my hand on my forehead making him raise a questioning brow at me.

"You missed the lecture bruh" Mateo explained and Omero made an O shape with his mouth and I rolled my eyes at them.

"Where's everyone?" I wondered.

"They'll be here soon" Omero answered "They're bringing the camping gear"

"Camping?" My face morphing to confusion.

"Yay! Are we going camping?" Amara bounced in place on Omero's arm.

"Close, daddy said to do it in the garden upstairs" Mateo answered pointing at the ceiling and I rolled my eyes. Typical, he'd never let me leave the house even when he's not there.

Suddenly the air changed for me, it became dense and humid I felt dizzy for just a second then I became light headed. I quickly opened my arms to grab something for support but I felt a hand steadying me.

"Rae? are you alright?" Someone asked but I couldn't quite pinpoint the voice it was muffled, my ears felt like they were in water. The sharp scream of Ara helped me regain some sort of normalcy and she stood up from her makeshift bed of blankets on the floor and wobbled over to me. I sat on the floor extremely exhausted and her eyes started glowing, Amara approached me with the same glowing eyes and I held both girls tight. I could hear the boys talking to me, both of them crouched up in front of me.

"What's going on?" I heard Xavier ask. Then I started seeing flashes of images and sounds, people screaming and talking. I tried to hold as much information as I could. Bill boards, directions, forests... shadows.