CHAPTER 23

"You're not real" Eli whispered while tears ran down her face.

"Eli it's me... it's Rae" my voice broke but I kept my composure. She moved closer and closer till we were just one feet apart.

"I buried you" she stated wiping her tears viciously but that didn't stop the water works.

"That wasn't me Els" I whispered and she ran into my stretched out arms. I've missed her so badly, I've missed our hugs.

"I'm so sorry" she wiped her tears and laughed. "I don't mean to be so dramatic...I just can't believe it's you Rae" she broke the hug and the sweetest smile was etched on her face while she shed tears of joy

"you didn't know you were coming to see me?" I asked and she shook her head violently.

"Not at all. I didn't even know it was the King's wedding, hell I don't think anyone knows. Ryder just told me to dress fancy and here you are! Married and the queen!" She gushed happily, then began to nibble on her lower lip, here comes the questions.

"How.... your highness" she started but bowed at the the person behind me, and I felt Enzo towering over my little frame from behind.

"Eleanor" I could imagine the curt nod that followed the formal tone. He placed his hands on my shoulders and gave them a light squeeze, Eli moved back a bit earning a deep frown from me. I don't blame her though, Enzo can be extremely intimidating. I gave her a soft reassuring smile which she returned.

"Rae..." Lia called, Adam, chase, Peter and Carlos appeared, I didn't know whether to be happy or to strangle them all for kidnapping me.

"I mean... your highness" they all bowed, Adam in particular wouldn't meet my eyes.

"Just Rae guys" I gave them a weak smile. I am very happy to see them, though I understand why they did what they did. They still could've done it in a better way.

"I invited them over" Enzo began "you should have your friends around on your wedding"

"Yeah, my family also" I shook off his hands from my shoulders and walked over to the buffet table to get something to eat. I picked up a plate and started stacking it with different things.

"Such a big appetite for a tiny human"

"I may be tiny beta Donatello, but I am mighty" I waggled my brows at the golden man and he chuckled.

"My dearest queen, you are different"

"No one ever got anywhere from being normal" I shrugged and searched for a seat. Bingo I found an empty table at the far end of the garden, I made myself comfortable and started eating my meal in peace.

"You should be with people" Xavier's voice startled me, he sat across the table. He was at the buffet table literally a second ago. "It is your wedding after all"

"First of all, never use your speed around me and second of all, it may be my wedding but it doesn't mean I want it"

"He is your mate, part of you wants this" his accent chastised me.

"Maybe if the circumstances were different then I would've actually wanted it" I glared at him

"Well they're not" he cocked a challenging brow and I dropped my fork rather loudly and leaned back in my seat, at this point I know everyone's attention is on me, but I couldn't care less.

"So what the hell do you want me to do?"

"You might not see your friends for a very long time after today. Open cracked windows of happiness for yourself instead of wallowing in hate and pity" he added in a soft tone.