CHAPTER 47

"Mummy... you look so beautiful!" Amara squealed and stared at me like a golden trophy.

"Thank you baby! I don't look too much do I?" I asked worried I over dressed.

"Nooooooo..." she dragged out. "You're the biggest Luna mummy! Lottie said you have to look it!" She sang merrily.

"Lottie?"

"That's me your highness" Charlotte piped in. "Princess Amara helped me pick out the dress" she explained and I had an 'Oh' look on my face.

"You're in the palace now so you have to dress the part of Luna supreme no matter how informal the event is, plus you're the hostess. And the dress is quite simple, it just has extra material attached" Charlotte chuckled and I shook my head.

It was a simple and plain baby blue spaghetti strapped sun dress with a sweetheart neckline and plunged back. It was made from a silky material that flowed down and swept the floor gracefully. My hair was packed in a side parted low bun with a few loose strands that framed my face. While a thin diamond studded head piece crossed my forehead.

"Your majesty" Xavier walked into the living room.

"The Alpha wishes to see you" he informed me.

"Why?" I cocked a brow.

"He wants you to appoint your own guards"

"What am I? 5?" I questioned with a scoff "He shouldn't be scared I won't run away, he doesn't have to put surveillance on me" I rolled my eyes.

"Rae... please, I'm worried too. I promise you, it's not surveillance, it's protocol and precaution. We don't know who would want to do what to you" he said and the sincerity in his voice and golden eyes made me waver.

"They'll follow my orders?..." I asked looking at him intently and he nodded viciously.

"Fine..." I sighed. It's either I pick them myself and make them loyal dogs or Enzo will make them follow me around silently and report my every move. I prefer the latter.

As we walked, Xavier and I made little conversation, mostly updates on the empire and palace.

"And that disrespectful alpha?" I asked about the alpha punk that wanted to slice me open with a sword during the banquet.

"We dealt with him appropriately, his Luna is sending all her thank you's your way. That rut won't dare breathe the same air as you" Xavier chuckled sinisterly. This guy's a low key psychopath. He's perfect!

We stepped into a hall, inside was a group wearing all black combat outfits. They stood tall and proud like soldiers on the training grounds, head straight and eyes forwards. When Enzo's eyes landed on me, they quickly roamed every inch of my body from the peak of my head to the tip of my toe. His eyes darkened with desire and his lips parted slightly, it was obvious that his mouth ran dry. Good.

My heels clicked on the marble floor till I reached where Enzo stood. I made sure there was at least 15 feet between us. The whole crowd of intimidating men bowed, but then I noticed there were five women amongst them.

"My Luna, this is calamity. Made up of 17 warriors with alpha blood line, they started training ever since they could walk and talk. They are the strongest in the empire" Enzo explained.

"I would like you to appoint four as your personal guards" he finished.

"Hmm" I hummed and assessed the men and women before me, till my eyes fell on a familiar face.