CHAPTER 21

My ears couldn't believe what they were hearing but I took a deep breath and my eyes searched for something, or rather someone and I don't know why, soon enough I found two golden eyes looking straight at me.
Xavier gave me a little nod, which was barely noticeable but in a strange way I could feel what he was trying to communicate to me. I quickly regained my composure and turned to the king.

"When you say I love you to someone, it is expected that you stick to those words and show it. Kings honor their words, what are you?" I said in a bored but venomous tone. I walked past him over to where my seat was, sat down and looked up to find Xavier with a ghost of a smile on his face and I felt proud of myself.

"Out" The king ordered with a clenched jaw, his voice calm but cold. Everyone piled out of the room except for one person, the beta Donatello. If looks could kill, he'd be dead from Enzo's glare. Xavier turned to me and I gave him a small smile assuring him that I'll be fine. He was hesitant for a moment, but made his way to the door. Enzo grabbed his upper arm as he was passing him.

"Protector or not Donatello, Do not hesitate when I give an order" He growled and Xavier returned the gesture by glaring up at Enzo. Soon enough they were having a glare match but Xavier quickly looked away from Enzo and bowed his head. Snatching his arm from the King's hold, he stomped out of the room, slamming the door behind him.

"I would think twice about what I'll say next your royal highness. I don't feel like getting angry today" I cocked an eyebrow, challengingly.

"Do Not Talk To Me Like that" He growled.

"Then don't talk to me like that either. You want respect then fucking show me some" at this point, I'm fed up and I don't give a fuck what he does. I can't keep going back and forth with him, I don't have the energy for that. He took in a deep breath and let it out.

"You carry my mark Raelynn. You are my mate. The cycle needs to be completed..."

"By marrying you?" I interrupted, standing up from my seat. "What happened last night is one thing, but marriage is a whole different issue. I am not ready for that kind of commitment, especially not with you and your bipolar self"

"It's a werewolf ritual Rae, the bond is stronger now that I've marked you. This tradition would keep you safe as my wife, our souls are already connected, the marking and mating connects our bodies, the ritual is like a marriage it will connect our minds so in time of trouble I will be there" he explained trying to reason with me which made sense, but I'm not getting married.

"I'm not marrying you. Try again in another lifetime and ask nicely maybe then I'll think about it"

"Stop being so difficult"

"Stop being such an asshole"

"I am trying to protect you"

"Yeah right like always say. More like trying to be selfish" I rolled my eyes

"Lord in heaven knows I'm trying with you"

"Oh? You call what you're doing trying? You haven't done shit! Ever since we met in the woods my sanity has been dangling by a thread!"

"You're so difficult" He pinched the bridge of his nose in irritation.

"Ha! How ironic. I'm the one actually putting effort into making this work cause I don't have a choice and a life, you know why? Cause you destroyed everything, you destroyed my life. Took me away from everything I know and love, I am fucking allowed to be difficult! What about you huh? Do you have an excuse for being the way you are? For treating me the way you do?! I don't care if you're king but this is your fucking last warning to not tick me off! How naive and utterly stupid of me to actually think we had something worth overlooking everything you've done to me. Fucking acting like I have Stockholm syndrome, cause that's what it is, that's who I am, a hostage. You're not worth the energy I've been putting into this, into a so called us" at this point I'm yelling, with tears in my eyes. The most he could do is kill me or throw me in a dungeon, but I don't care cause I'm already dead to everyone else besides the people present in this house.