CHAPTER 46

It was 10am by the time I woke up. I couldn't stomach the food I was fed and for the first hour I couldn't move properly cause my body felt heavy. Doctor Maxwell paid me a visit and gave me drip which made me feel a lot better. Turns out I had used too much energy and with everything that was going on, my blood pressure went up, that's what caused last night's episode.

I woke up in a large room, the bed was slightly bigger than a California king size and a canopy hung proudly above it, complimenting the headboard. The room was modern in contrast to the mideivil structure of the castle. The room was hobo themed just the way I had always dreamed, modern yet homey. It didn't make you feel uptight.

The maids also told me that Enzo didn't leave my side till the sun was high up in the sky. Through the night he interrogated each and everyone of them about what I knew and how I came to know about it. They told him about my plan for the first ball and the events that played out when we got there. They also told him some of the information they fed me, but they didn't peep out a word of what I planned on doing. On the bright side, he was smart enough not to touch a hair on their head.

Overall, they're smart. They withheld most of the things that we discussed and told him just enough for him to believe them. What was meant to be hidden was kept hidden and what was obvious, they made it seemed like they tattled. I've raised loyal dogs.

"Luna, would you like me to help you get dressed?" Linda asked laying the black and white jumpsuit on the bed.

"No it's ok, I can do it. Just get me some tea" I waved her off. She gave me a worried glance then bowed and left. I had been sitting in my bath robe since I got out of the bathroom almost thirty minutes ago, I guess I know why she's worried.

I quickly got up and dressed up, dabbing on a little makeup to conceal dull but present dark circles. I was putting on some earrings when the door opened, and a formally dressed Emperor walked in.

"You look better..." he started after closing the door.

"What do want Enzo?" I deadpanned.

"Rae, we need to talk" he said cautiously.

"Talk then" I replied with a bored tone.

"Well it seems you've already concluded on everything, whatever I say will not be relevant" he snapped, finally reading the mood. Mother fucker you don't have the rights to be mad.

"Leave" I stated, my heart beating a mile a minute from anger.

"You're misreading the situation. The most important thing you should know is that I love you, Rae. I really do, you're the only one I love" he replied my statement with a soothing tone to calm the fire within me. What an unfortunate fellow, that won't work on me anymore.

"You love me? I'm the one misreading the situation huh? Do you pity me at all Enzo?" I scoffed in disbelief.

"You don't underst..." he started and I cut him off.

"Shut the fuck up" I growled, every ounce of fear for the alpha left my body and replaced with rage.

"You kidnapped me, erased my existence from the world and my family suffered it the most. You've chocked me, you've talked to me like a nobody, you've  threatened me and punished me, anyone or anything that brings me joy, you've snatched away from me" at this point my voice was breaking and I couldn't swallow the lump in my throat.