CHAPTER 58

"Bull shit!" Vlad barked.

"I agree this is total BS" Pa piped in and he got everyone's attention.

"What?" He asked while we stared at him like he had grown another head.

"Total BS?" I question with an arched brow, clearly amused. He shrugged.

"You've been spending way too much time with Rae" Jiro chuckled.

"Nice" I smirked. I'm a good influence.

"You! Stop teaching him things" Vlad pointed and I raised my hands in surrender.

"This is serious. What the fuck makes humans think we sparkle under the sun?!" He shrieked. Vlad was losing it by the second.

"Calm down Vlad it's just a movie" I snicker.

"You didn't answer my question" he paused the movie and waited for my reply.

"Vampires are mythical to humans. You don't exist to them, you're just fantasy. People like to free style and write what they think vampires are like. And I guess there's some element of truth to what they write" I shrug.

"The guy looks like a glitter mishap" he points to the beautiful Edward Collins on the tv basking in sunlight. "What element of truth? We love the sun, our ancestors just fed at night" he was taking it personal.

"And we are damned to hell for all of eternity? I think I prefer the originals better, at least they have a less repulsive representation of us" he beefed. I never thought 'peace maker' Vlad would be so sensitive about how humans perceived vampires.

"It is just a movie. It's all based on perspective and not fact" I say slowly. "And don't ever talk about Edward like that. Stephenie Meyer is an icon" I glare him down and he huffed in defeat and sat down. Soon enough we continued the movie, Jiro sprawled on the couch and laid his head on my legs while I braid his silky black hair like a doll.

"What's going on, I heard arguing?" Haden's voice caught everyone's attention. He was watching us intently while leaning by the door with crossed arms.

"We are watching twighlight" I inform him.

"Twighlight?" His face scrunched.

"It's an epic story about a girl who falls in love with a vampire. But here's where it gets spicy, her childhood best friend who's a werewolf is also in love with her" I waggle my brows.

"Interesting choice of movie"

"You're hard to find these days, I've been looking for you everywhere. We need to talk" I moved to get up and Jiro sat up.

"What about darling?" The word darling rolled off his tongue eloquently, making his accent more apparent.

"Let's take a walk" I link our hands and pull him gently. Lately, whenever I touch him he goes stiff for a second before adjusting. Makes me wonder if I've made him uncomfortable.

"So what do you want to talk about?" He asks once we stepped into the garden.

"I wanted to ask for a favor..." I begin.

"Anything..."

"Well... I need to go visit my grandmother in Niamey"

"When?" He asks

"As soon as possible"

"Why?" A man of one word. My subconscious slaps her forehead at his stiffness.

"Because I want to" I reply with an equally clipped tone. He often forgets to be polite.

"I'm sorry" he sighs. "May I ask why you suddenly need to visit your grandmother?" He chose his words carefully.