CHAPTER 31

Waking up is the worst part of my day. Especially now that I'm a channeler and my energy is almost always non existent. Last night I couldn't sleep, I kept having nightmares back to back of the same thing I saw when I touched the girls and Now my body feels like concrete. I got up from the bed but the whole room spun so I crawled my way to the bathroom and emptied my stomach contents in the toilet.

It was fatigue, stress and anxiety all in one. I just need food, food always gets my energy levels up and makes me feel healthier. I brushed and took a shower, dressed up in grey sweats and a white crop top, packing my hair in a high ponytail. When I got to the foot of the staircase, there were petals scattered everywhere but they made a pathway to the grand dining room and out of curiosity my legs followed the trail. As I got to the entrance

"SURPRISE!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY" everyone yelled scaring the soul right out of my body. I had to hold my chest and close my eyes for a bit. But what came out of my mouth next was totally unplanned and unexpected.

"Don't be so fucking loud" I snapped venomously. Most of them pursed their lips and kept quiet. Why am I so irritated? Wait... they're wishing me a happy birthday?

"Huh? It's my birthday?" I said completely lost looking at everyone like they had grown two heads. I looked at the balloons hanging everywhere and two specific ones that said 21 had me shook.

"Are you ok darling?" Enzo asked wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Yeah I'm fine. I didn't know it was my birthday" I said in confusion.

"It is, I had to gather everyone and everything for the celebration. That's why I couldn't stay last night. I hope you were ok by yourself?" I hummed to the last part in response.

"Happy birthday my love" he kissed my cheek and it tingled, making my heart and brain turn into mush.

"Happy birthday sunshine! You're one year away from being able to legally buy alcohol" Dan said excitedly raising his hand for a hi five. I hi fived him and smiled at the whole Dark clan and I hugged them one by one saying thank you. We all sat down for breakfast, which was the only thing I was looking forward to.

"You look exhausted. Are you ok?" Enzo asked with a hint of worry in his voice, tucking a loose hair strand behind my ear

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just tired" I waved it off and shoved some potatoes in my mouth, moaning as it touched my tongue and all the spices invaded my taste buds.

"Did you have a dream last night? Or receive anything?" He asked and I shook my head. This means Xavier didn't tell him. Good. He got back to eating, I had to ask him what had been bugging me.

"It has been like five months since you took me. Why don't you want me to know the date?" Inquired curiously.

"You never asked to know the date" he simply stated which irritated me, my appetite suddenly disappeared making me drop my fork with a clang. The whole room went silent and everyone stared at me. I pushed out my chair and stood up abruptly.

"Five fucking months and I've been nothing but a prisoner in my husband's house" I mumbled irritatedly and walked away, but passed a glare Xavier's way, he's smart he'll get the message. Maybe there's ice cream in the kitchen.

"Luna! Happy Birthday!" Lisa chirped as I set foot in the kitchen.

"Thank you Lisa" I smiled at her. "Is there ice cream?"

"Why're you upset Luna?" She asked as she removed the cookie dough ice cream from the fridge. I always take ice cream when I'm upset cause psychologically, I feel it cools my temper.