CHAPTER 60

Pardon the chapter. It is not edited. There will be a lot of typos and mistakes.

It's human nature to forget one's pain when confronted with greater fear; in other words, trauma. When finally approached with the reason for your pain, everything goes blank and a scab reverts back to a fresh wound.

Those silver irises that slowly faded to blue-grey made the world stop for a moment, it made my heart sink to unbreathable depths. For a moment I forgot I was in physical pain, for a moment I was hell bound, a torturous abyss within my heart and mind far worse than my physical state.

There was a whirlwind of emotions behind those eyes; sorrow, despair, misery and regret. They woke me up from a trance I didn't know I was in and that stare ever so eloquently turned to a glare .

"What're we going to do?" My mom asks sobbing hysterically. I could feel a layer of cold sweat forming all over my body. Without warning the pain got worse, I couldn't scream or wail or cry out. I sucked in a sharp breath and shut my eyes tightly hoping it'll go away.

Why am I always the only one in pain?
Why do I have to be the one in pain and not him?!

If only everyone else could feel my pain.

"Alpha she's going to pass out any second" Xavier's voice pleaded. I didn't notice his presence up until that moment.

"Shit" Enzo muttered and his footsteps got closer.

"Stay the fuck away from me" I snapped, barely recognizing my scratched out voice. He immediately stopped in his track.

"Please let me help" He begs with a pained voice. Through my pained shut eyes I could feel him inching closer, slowly.

"She said to stay away!" My mother spat venomously.

"Ma'am as much I hate to say it but she needs him to get better. It's the mate bond" Xavier explains.

Pain...

"Ah" I cried out and the hand on my back turned stiff.

"Please! Can't you guys see! She's going to pass out!" Xavier shrieked.

"Can you help her?" Haden asks rigidly. I finally opened my eyes to see him staring blankly at Enzo. He looked caught between the anvil and the hammer.

"Yes" Enzo's tone was clipped.

"Then please..." Haden undeniably fought to say those words. He was willing to let Enzo near me if it would mean easing my pain.

Enzo knelt in front of me and raised a shaky hand, his face glistened with sweat, his pale lips and dark circles exhibited his pain. Realization washed over me, he was going through the same pain as I was but he was able to mask it better. His hand rests on my cheek and it felt cold against my hot skin. He moves in closer and I stare at him with weary eyes pulling my face away from him.

"I promise I won't do something that'll make you uncomfortable" he whispered.

"Like I'd ever believe you" I declare blandly.

"Please..." he begs and I try to read his eyes but I couldn't trust anything related to Enzo. I can not trust anything.

The hand on my cheek sent tingles that eased the pain. I reluctantly let go.

He moves in and rests his forehead on mine. The contact was intimate enough to calm the storm within my body. The pain agonizingly faded, slowly— it felt like a moving stream. His energy and presence slowly flowed like calm waves within my body, through every vein to the tips of my fingers. I was perturbed by the overwhelming current that followed those waves of peace but I remained still.