Chapter Sixteen:suspicion

Han Lays in his bed munching on his chips and reading a magazine when the front door slams downstairs followed by the quiet sounds of giggling. He stands up stretches and goes to see who it was, although he had a good guess it was Katie and Melina. When he reaches the top of the stairs he sees the two girls sitting on the floor in front of the door laughing hysterically at something on Katie's Ipod Touch.

"Hey you might want to get out of the way before you get hit with the door." he says calling down to them. Melina's head shoot up and she smiles at him, Her eyes bloodshot. Looking him over she lets out a low whistle
.
"Damn if I was into guys I would be all on you, you're sexy." She says her words slurring. Han feels the blush on his face as he crosses his arms and frowns at the girl, Katie was surprisingly keeping her face turned from him, making him instantly suspicious.

"What are you two doing?" He asks walking down the stairs. Katie still not looking at him. "Katie look at me please." He says standing over her as she sat on the floor, still looking at the Ipod. He sees Melina from the corner of his eye move closer to him. Shoot her a warning look she stops mid "scoot" and backs away again. "Katie, look at me.... NOW" He says in a voice that left no argument. She flinches and slowly looks up at him, blinking in the afternoon light. He sucks in his breath as he sees her eyes bloodshot and her pupil the size of pin pricks. "Melina, Thank you for coming but I think its time you leave, Katie, come with me Right now." He says. He leans down and Hauls Katie to her feet, grabbing her book bag with the other hand. He doesn't stop to check if Melina was leaving but hears the door open and close as she quietly retreats from the house. He propels Katie upstairs and Slams her bedroom door shut.

Katie Tugs her arm free from Han, irritated beyond belief. He was killing her high.

"Get the hell out of my room." She says and goes to her computer booting it up.

"Want to tell me what the fuck you've been doing?" He asks, She looks over her shoulder and sees him staring at her with a quiet rage radiating from him, his eyes harsh and angry. She just shrugs her shoulder and turns back to her computer an instant message popping up on her screen, she smiles, It was from Melina.

Gthicvamp21 says: Oui what's happening? what's he doing?

Tokyodrifter says: nothing just yelling, being a pain, wont leave my room, wants to know what we've been doing :( *eye Roll*

gthicvamp21 says: *eye roll* X-X just tell em you smoked weed,always works 4 me :-D

tokyodrifter says: Yeah I will, Shit he's yelling g2g talk later.

Katie signs off and turns back to Han who had been yelling for her attention. She crosses her arms and stares at him

"What do you want Han? I told you to get out." She snaps. He stares back at her, the two having a stare down, neither one wanting to look away first. Finally he sighs and sits on her bed, much to her annoyance.

"What is going on with you lately? You've been distant, quiet, and every time you come home from hanging with Melina you go straight to your room claiming to have a headache, you've been snapping at everyone You've-" Katie cuts him off mid sentience.

"Is there a point in all this or are you just wanting to point out my flaws because if that's the case congratulations, you've succeeded." She snaps, her anger just barely contained. She cared for Han with all her heart, She could even say she Loved him. But he had pr oven time and time again that no matter what he felt for her nothing would ever happen, and having him in her room while they were alone in the house was killing her inside. All she wanted to do was push him over and curl up next to him and sleep while being held in his arms, like they use to. Images of that amazing month flickers in her vision. She blinks hard to keep the tears from falling. "Can you get out now?" She asks.

Han watches as emotions he couldn't recognized flickered in her bloodshot eyes. He runs his hands through his hair and sighs and in a moment of weakness he flops on his back on her bed.

"Katie I don't know what's gotten into you lately but I just want you to know I'm here for you OK?" He says proping up on his elbows to look at her. She snorts and then laughs, a cruel humorless laugh, her eyes narrowing at him. When she stops laughing a cruel smirk attaches itself to her lips.

"Yeah Right Han, You bolt at the first sight of me, Only time I EVER have your attention is when you think there is something wrong." She snaps getting up. She goes over to her door and opens it, turning back to look at him. Her breath catching as she sees him laying on her bed, raised on his elbows and looking at her. IT took all her strength not to crawl over and curl up to him. She point to the hall and looks him in the Eye. "well there is nothing wrong so I'll save you the fake concern, Now please GET OUT!" She says slightly yelling on the last part. Han gets off the bed slowly and makes his way to the door, until he was right in front of her. They were so close she could just reach out and touch him.

Han was acutely away of how close he was standing in front of her but he tries to ignore it. Taking her chin firmly in his hand he makes sure she is looking at him as he chooses his words carefully.

"I do CARE about you Katie, whether you believe me or not. You can come to me for ANYTHING you know damn well that's the truth. Do you understand me?" He says searching her eyes for any understatement. The girl in front of him was a shell of the girl he had first met, and... fell in love with. The fire in her eyes was but a dull flicker. "Do you Understand me?" He says stronger. She stares up at him, her green eyes shimmering, Even when there was something clearly wrong she was still stunningly beautiful, and it took everything he had not to kiss her full lips. She tears her gaze away from him and looks down at the floor nodding.

"please Han, just leave," She whispers, her voice breaking, She looks back him and he sucks in his breath as he sees all her pain filling her eyes.

"Oh Katie," He says and draws her to him in a tight embrace.

The emotion in her name and being in his arms finally breaks her and she sags against him, her tears flooding down her face, soaking the front of his shirt. She cries until she cant cry anymore and finally manages to tear herself out of his arms. He smiles at her and wipes a few stray tears away from her eyes. Before he could press his palm to her cheek she shakes her head and steps aside point to the hallway again.

"No, Just... Go" She says in a shaky ragged voice. She doesn't need to look at him to feel those walls fly back up. When she dares a peak at him she sees his stony cold expression.

"I don't know what's going on with you but I'm trying here." He says, his emotions just barely in check. He watches her shaker her head and cross her arms.

"I said Stop with the act Han. Just piss off and leave me alone." She snaps, her bright green eyes narrowing at him. He feels like she slapped him. His rage finally bursting.

"Fine. You want me to leave you alone. You got it." He says in a quiet dangerous voice, he sees her eyes widen at his tone but he doesn't stop. He walks past her but before he leaves her room for good he stills, a few mere inches between them, he could feel the heat from her body radiating from her. He looks at her and gives her a cruel smirk. "I hope you know what you're doing." And before he can do anything or she could speak he walks out and slips back into his room.

Something was wrong with Katie and he didn't know what. He had a suspicion that drugs were involved but he didn't know if it was just the normal weed. Something in the pit of his stomach told him it wasn't but he didn't know, he sighs and rakes his hands in his hair. He didn't want to tell Dom or worse Bryan because he know they would flip shit and freak out on her and he knew that that wasn't what she needed. He lets out a frustrated little yell and crashes on his bed, forgetting his chips and crushing them under him.

"Son of A-" He mutters and picks up the ruined bag. He stares at them and remembers how elated he was when Katie gave them to him for Christmas two weeks ago. He remembers how her eyes widen with joy when she realized how much he loved her gift. He also remembered hate tears of happiness that leaked out of her yes when she realized his gift to her. He remembers her beautiful smile and the love that she tried so hard not to show but shown like a neon light in her eyes. He flings the bag at the wall

"GOD DAMN IT!" He screams as tears managed to find their way down his cheeks. He was Terrified for Katie. He was watching her slip away and retreat into a dark place he couldn't follow. He didn't know how to reach out and pull her form this ledge she was insisting on falling off of. All he could do was wait int he shadows and Hope that when she did fall he wasn't to late to save her.