Chapter Thirty-Five: A Whole New World

"Excuse me? but are you Katie Hendricks?" Someone says from behind her. She whirls around, her carry-on luggage squeaking on the linoleum floor. A tall lanky African-American boy was standing behind her, a doo rag on his head covering most of his cornrolls, a back-pack slung over his shoulder, his hands fiddling with the strap nervously. She studies him warily before nodding her head, a look of relief floods his handsome boyish features as he stick his hand out in offering. "The Name's Twinkie. I'm you're brother's best friend" He says a goofy smile on his face that was so sweet she couldn't help but laugh as she shook his hand.

" So you're Twinkie? Shawn told me about you, said you were a great friend." She says smiling at him watching a faint blush spread across his face as he looks away, "He also said that you had a sick car?" She says raising an eyebrow. At this he looks her in the eyes and smiles wide, pride swelling behind them.

"Hell Yeah I do, Come on, I'm suppose to pick you up and bring you to him." He says looping his arm with hers making her laugh as they zig zag their way to the luggage cart. The Haneda airport in Tokyo was busy the sounds of the Japanese language surrounding her, bombarding her ears to the point of pain. Twinkie, knowing the area easily maneuvers his way to the cart,dragging her along protecting her from the worse of the pushing and shoving. "What color is your luggage? Same as your carry-on?" He yells over the buzz. She looks at her neon green carry-on and nods to him, unable to speak, her anxiety growing, her panic rising to new heights. Her luggage spins down the baggage claim and Twinkie snatches it up before anyone can take it and run, still holding on to it he shoulders their way out of the crowds and toward the mini restaurants that were in the airport. "Hey you OK?" He asks concern filling his features as he studies her. She could tell by the way her heart was pounding that her face was flushed and her eyes had that wild look in them they always got when she was having a panic attack, she manages a small grimace and nods her head.

"My Anxiety and panic is acting up, where is the girls room?" She says over the roar of people, someone bumps into her and snaps at her in Japanese before rushing off to the gate she had just come from. Her anxiety spikes and she turns pleading eyes at Twinkie, "Get me Out of here PLEASE." She begs. His concern turns protective and he once again links his arm through hers and quickly walks away from the crowds, pointing to a down escalator which they hop onto, almost running down it.

"The Doors to the garage are right ahead, my car's there." he says pointing up ahead, she follows his pointed finger to see the clear glass doors showing cars in a garage, making her quicken her pace. The cold air hits her face in a sudden blast of icy wind. She stops dead as a shiver crawls up her spin. Twinkie laughs and shrugs out of his red puffy jacket, so he can pull off a black sweatshirt off and hands it to her. "Shawn forget to mention that its alot colder here then L/A, Here take this, it wont keep out the cold completely but it will help." He says putting the jacket back on. She flashes him a smile and zips up sweatshirt, the smell of spice and diesel fuel reaching her nose in a pleasent aroma.

"I assume you work with cars by the way this thing smells like diesel." She says following him as he weaves in between cars. He turns his head and flashes her a smile.

"Yeah I'm a mechanic for street cars, Shawn, Neela and I actually live at a Garage, it use to be our friend's he passed away, left the place to Shawn." He says his smile fading for a moment before brightening up again as the two stop in front of a monster of a car. The only way Katie could describe the car was Big, Green and kickass. It had the Hulk snarling on the front and on the sides the doors were dented and in the shape of the hulks foot to look like he had kicked it from the inside, she didn't know what type of SUV it was but it didn't matter. He laughs at her stunned face. "Better reaction then Shawn's I'll give you that, want to drive it?" He asks pulling a steering wheel out of the back-pack and handing it to her, but she just shakes her head, her exhaustion catching up with her. She yawns a great big yawn and stumbles slightly, Twinkie drops the Steering wheel and it clatters to the ground as he reaches out to steady her, "Woah easy easy, here let me help you in, take a nap in the car." He says gently, guiding her to the passenger side, reaching into the front pocket of his jeans he pulls out the keys and hits the auto lock, helping her into the car and shutting the door softly behind her. Katie sinks into the leather seats, her eyes growing heavy as sleep claims her. She was out cold before Twinkie had time to start the car.