Chapter Four: Night Terrors

The sounds of a girl in pain awake Han from a sound sleep. He jolts awake and shoots up his eyes wide and alert. What the hell was that? The wail reaches him again and he realizes that it was coming from Katie's room. He jumps out of bed and flings open the door terrified she was in danger. He races down the hall and without hesitation he rips open her door. from the light casted by the street lamp he sees Katie in bed twisted up in her blanket tossing and turning violently. whimpers and moans escaping her lips.

"No daddy please, don't hurt me!" She wails thrashing in her sleep. He stands there frozen for a few minutes trying to figure out what he was witnessing. It finally dawned on him. She was having a nightmare about her past. " I'll Be Good I promise! DADDY NO!" She cries. Han Breaks his paralyses and rushes to her bed. He sits down and takes hold of her shoulders trying to keep her form hurting herself. At his touch she screams like she was in pain.

"Katie, angel wake up. It's just a dream he's not here you're home, no one's hurting you." He whispers urgently shaking her slightly. At the sound of his voice she screams herself awake and shoots up in bed. Her pink and blonde hair plastered to her face from sweat. Breathing heavily she looks around her room wide eyes like she was reassuring herself she was safe. Turning her wide eyed green stare to Han she breaks down into heavy sobs. Without thinking he pulls her close to him and holds her, letting her cry her fear and pain into his chest. He strokes her hair and mutters words of reassurance to her trying to calm her down. They stayed like that until her sobs quieted.

She could hear his heart beat beating evenly in his chest as she sat there in his arms. She was afraid to move, afraid that if she did it would break this spell and ruin the moment. Even though she had stopped crying he still hadn't let her go, and she was perfectly fine with that.

Finally after maybe ten minutes of this stand still she breaks out of his arms before she could do anything stupid. Sudden embarrassment overcomes her and a deep blush spreads across her face, she looks down at her hands, afraid to look him in the eye.

Han was both relieved and disappointed when she broke out of his arms. It felt natural having her there in his arms, like she was made to be there. But when she broke from him he let her go without resistance. Since being in the dark of her room his eyes had adjusted and he could just make out the blush that appeared on her cheeks as she quickly looked down. He could feel a blush of his own starting as he realized the predicament they were in. He had just held her and now they were completely alone in her room together. He sits there awkwardly not knowing what to do until finally she speaks up.

"thank you for waking me up. I um really appreciate it." She whispers still not looking up from her hands. Han shakes his head and smiles even though he knew she wouldn't see it. He pats her knee.

"No need to thank me. I'm here to help." He says with complete honestly and seriousness. At his tone she finally looks up at him and he could see the deep green of her eyes. They seemed to transfix him and root him to his place. With realizing what was happening she Leans forward and her lips connect with his. In stunned shock a moan of desire leaves his lips as he closes his eyes and kisses her back.

She sucks in her breath in a small gasp as she feels him kissing her back, his arms wrapping around her gently. Holy SHIT! He was kissing her Back! She slowly moves her hands ans slips them around his neck.

The sound of her gasp and the feel of her hands around his neck Snaps Han out of the moment. His eyes flash open and he breaks away from the kiss with a yelp. He jumps off the bed and puts distance between them.

"Katie, We can't. I can't." He stutters trying to catch his breath. He looks at her and sees her slight flush and swollen lips, Her eyes pleading with him. He shakes his head and with strength he didn't know he had he keeps himself from striding over to her and kissing her again. He regains his control and looks at her. "Katie I'm sorry if I gave any sorry of vibe. But this can't happen. Ever again." He says. His heart nearly breaks in two as he sees her face crash and the hope in her eyes being destroyed. Tears pool in her eyes and spill over her cheeks. "I'm sorry," He whispers.

Her chest caves and her heart smashes at his words, She lets the tears fall without shame. When I'm sorry comes out of his mouth sudden humiliation and anger courses through her veins. She swipes away the tears and stares at him with anger clear on her face.

"Get Out." She whispers in a dead menicing voice, Malicious pride entering her when she sees him flinch. Regret and pain flashes on his face but she doesn't care. she takes a pillow and chucks it at him. "Are you Deaf? GET OUT!!" she yells. SHe watches him close the door before disolving into sobs of a different nature. These sobs were that of a broken heart and she lets it pour from her body. How foolish could she have gotten.

Han's heart breaks again as he listens to her cry from the other side of her door. He wanted nothing more then to open it and take it all back. But He knew he couldn't. He shouldn't have let her kiss him. He was the older one. He should know better. With regret he walks down the stairs to the living room, knowing he wouldn't be able to go back to bed.