03 : my name is eris

" MY NAME IS ERIS "

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The sun is humid and dazzling, Jiseol took a deep breath as the fresh air filled her lungs. She sat on a cliff that overlooked the town, it was the most beautiful part of Twilight and she will forever be thankful for the fact that besides her and Yunho's family, no one has discovered it yet and hopefully no one ever will.

The place held a lot of memories for her; it was where her family used to have picnics every weekend growing up. Sometimes, they'd even invite the Jeongs to come with them.

"Ah, I knew it. I was wondering where you went so early in the morning and figured you were here. Why this early though?" Yunho sat beside the girl when he arrived at the cliff.

"It's none of your business," Jiseol spat, eyes still locked on the view.

The lad chuckles, "Dense as ever,"

"Yunho, can you explain to me how I'm still up and about? How I'm still alive and well? So many unpleasant things have happened to me yet I'm still here. How?"

"Well, if you're wondering that then obviously you're not well. Eris, your name, it doesn't only mean creating chaos through physical defense and brawl. You're creating your own internal chaos which is much worse than what you do. Jiseol, talk to me."

"I'll do when I'm ready, just not now." She was about to get up and leave again like always when Yunho pulled her back down. He took her hand and slipped something inside.

No words were exchanged as Jiseol scanned the item. It was a silver-chain necklace, a rectangle pendant hanging on it with the engraving 'ERIS'.

"Yunho-"

"To remind you of who you are. Most of the time, I do not know what you are thinking of but I know you can get past whatever it is you're going through now. You're Eris Nam,"

Jiseol chuckled at the last part, Yunho patting her back before standing up and leaving her alone to think.

⇠┅┅┅┅┅┅༻❁༺┅┅┅┅┅┅⇢

Jiseol paced around her room as she alternated from looking down and looking at the luminous crescent moon. The second crescent moon since their meeting at the palace.

Even if she wouldn't admit it, she felt at least the slightest bit of guilt for not going the first time. It's always been cold in the evenings and she couldn't bare but worry if the black haired man was waiting there all night just to see and wait if she would come. But at the same time, what if she would get caught? She was the most trusted person of the Lees and she couldn't risk breaking that trust and loyalty. Or could she?

A loud voice called her, breaking her deep thought. "Eris!" It was Mingi.

As if suddenly enlightened, she responded. "That's right! I'm Eris Nam, see you later Mingi!"

"Huh?" Mingi's face contorted to a confused one, her eyes barely lit up like that anymore.

And so she sneaked out. Many years of training as an assassin payed off as she knew all the secret passages probably the royals themselves didn't even know of. She liked to keep things to herself, and the passages she randomly found on different times were no different. Even Yunho didn't know about it.

When she arrived, she saw his hair; messy, black mullet that slightly covered his eyes. The boy was looking up as he pointed to the sky, counting what it seemed like.

Jiseol quietly sat down beside him, looking up to the direction he was pointing at. "How many have you counted?"

"I'm actually looking for constellations, I've always loved looking at the stars." Without looking away, he answered. "Knew you couldn't resist me."

"Never mind then," She stood up to leave only to get pulled back down with a hand on her waist.

"You can't escape now." He smiled mischievously.

"I didn't give you permission to touch me there."

The man's eyes widened, immediately lifting his hand off of her waist. "Sorry, may I?"

"Whatever," She replied to which he cheekily grinned and put his hand back.

"First formal meeting and you're already allowing me to touch you."

Jiseol scoffed, "Who was the one that placed it there without consent?!"

"I'm just joking! By the way, why didn't you come last time?" He looked at her, eyes full of anticipation as it glistened in the moonlight.

"Family stuff, I had to think of some things. Hey, how did you get through though? You could've gotten caught."

"It's illegal but I always come here when I need to think. This place is special to me, no one knows about it. Besides that, both kingdoms are stupid enough not to put soldiers at the borders neither planning to build a fence at least. Funny, isn't it? It's like they want us together."

The lass chokes on a laugh, "I don't even know your name!"

"Just call me 'Your Future',"

"Oh my God, bye." She tried to pry off his hand that gripped her waist only for him to hold on firmer.

"I'm joking, stop trying to escape!" The man laughed. "Just call me Sun. How about you?"

"Eris, earn my trust first then I'll tell you my real name."

"Likewise."

"Wait, how would I know you aren't a spy?" Jiseol narrowed her eyes, eyes piercing through his.

"I don't know, depends on you but I know I'm not." The lad shrugged which made her suspicions rise yet calm down at the same time.

—