36 : sun and moon

" SUN AND MOON "

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

It was silent. Way too silent that Jiseol was 100% sure San could hear the rapid beating of her heart. Though she was sure, she hopes he couldn't because it would ruin the whole plan. She sat down without laying her eyes on the boy even once.

San noticed she was more tense and quiet than usual but shrugged it off and smiled, trying to wrap an arm around her only for his grin to fall when she dodged.

"Seol?" He let out carefully.

"I think it's so unfair." Jiseol started, voice sounding firm but a little low. "Why did I have to fall for you? Why did I have to fall for someone I could never fully be with? Why is everything and everyone preventing us from being together when all we want is to be loved and to love peacefully?!" By the end, she was practically letting all her frustrations out, making sure not to yell so loud.

"You know, Seollie, the sun and moon were never really together in the first place. They have always been apart, never shining side-by-side. And there are times wherein eclipses happen, that's when we meet just like these crescent moon meetups. It's just like us; so close yet so far."

The lass sighs, mindlessly playing with her fingers. "San."

"Yes?"

"Let's end this before it gets too far."

San almost laughed. "Too far? My sweet, you have already met my mother."

"Yeah, unless you wanna meet my mother too let's stop this."

"Jiseol-"

"Let's just stop meeting each other, okay? It's been great and all but it has to end one way or another."

"Jiseol, did something happen? Why are you-"

"Nothing happened, I just don't want to do this anymore."

"I don't understand, is it because I got you in danger? If so, I'm sorry-"

"San, I said it's nothing. I just want to stop this already. We're not going to work anymore. We can't keep doing this, you know that."

"No, actually I do not. We have gone through so much together and I promised to keep us safe so why are you doing this? I've done a lot to make ends meet and make sure we aren't caught just so I can see you and you can see me-"

"Isn't it tiring? Let's just stop this now so you don't have to do all that-"

"No, you listen. You are not making sense about not wanting to do this anymore unless something happened in your kingdom. If so, tell me, please. We'll do something about it. You know you can tell me anything, right? I really don't want to lose you, Eris." They both heard the involuntary crack in San's voice when he said 'lose'. Jiseol felt the physical squeezing of her heart when she heard it.