25 : extended families

" EXTENDED FAMILIES "

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Regardless of having no by blood family, it was okay for Nam Jiseol because anyway there was the rest of her team and of course, the Jeongs. After assassinating the man that tried to break into princess Sewon's room, it was only natural for the Lees to reward them with a week off of work.

They were worried, saying that they might not be there if other silly men decide to pull a stunt like that again but the royals said there were other guards anyway plus the security tightened. Only then they had agreed to accept the week off, the royals even having to say that they'll call them in case of an emergency so they won't be so bothered about it.

And so that's why Jiseol and the rest of the Jeongs were packing picnic food to bring to the significant and beautiful picnic site both Nams and Jeongs used to go to when Jiseol and Yunho were growing up.

Gunho audibly gasped when they reached the top of the cliff. "I almost forgot how breathtaking this place is."

"Indeed it is, if only your father wasn't always so busy we would go every weekend! Who knows, we might even catch Yunho, Jiseol or both here." Mrs. Jeong also took in a breath of fresh air. "Now please, would you help me set the food up?"

Despite the magnificent view and being with the family she loves most, Jiseol still couldn't help but feel miserable. She did her best trying to hide it, forcing a grin when someone talked to her and not letting out an upset sigh every minute. Countless depressing thoughts got her zoning out that she didn't even notice everyone was caught up in admiring the view and eating except one.

Jiseol had only realized someone was watching her when she felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned around to see a boy who looked like a slightly younger version of Yunho and immediately put a smile to mask her true emotions.

"Gunho! Are you enjoying the food?" The lass tapped the space beside her for him to sit down.

"Yes, but you don't have to smile when you're talking to me. I know you're not happy."

"Ah, what? No, I'm okay don't worry about me and enjoy the view. You barely come here-"

"Jiseol, I know you enough to know you're not okay. Do you want to talk about it? Or do you want me to tell Yunho?"

"Okay, you got me, there's no point in saying otherwise. But it's okay, Gunho, no need to tell Yunho. Just sit with me, is that alright?"

"Okay, but I'm here if you want to talk about it." Jiseol smiled at the younger's words. I guess maybe there was one person that could get past her lies. Over the years, she's built a bond with the sweet boy, Gunho. He never failed to make her smile or laugh, he was the perfect (non-related) little brother.