20 : it's all about loyalty

" IT'S ALL ABOUT LOYALTY "

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Kang Yuri was yet again watching who knows what. The moon? The stars? The distant mountains from afar? Who knows but it was a beautiful view from the palace. She would say she was there because she needed air but we all knows what it really was for.

The first time she saw the handsome assassin sneak out, she noticed it was a crescent moon. Now Yuri wasn't a dumb girl, she knew it was rash but she came to a conclusion that he would only come out on crescent moons. Like how she has read in many forbidden love storybooks, they would always meet on either something about the weather or the moon.

But maybe she was wrong, this wasn't like those books she's read. Despite wishing so much not to see him again (in the matter of sneaking out), of course she saw him. Choi San, not-anymore-so-secretly making his way outside palace territories once again. Yuri's eyes narrowed just like the first time she caught him, her rash conclusion only being confirmed. I mean where else would he be going?

It irked her way too much. San has always rejected every girl that tried to take their chances with him so why this random girl? Why not her? A princess? Royalty? Kang Yuri of Aurora? Why not her?

Eyes clouding with rage as those vicious thoughts filled her mind, she stomped away and headed to the throne room where King Yul of Aurora was having an emergency meeting with generals about something she could care less about.

When the huge golden doors of the throne room opened, the room went silent as all eyes landed on Yuri. She trudged angrily towards the throne where her dear father sat, practically shoving the folder that kept information and photographs about that night onto his hands.

It was a full report of everything the guard saw that night with several black and white photos of San and some girl's back. Unfortunately (but fortunately for Jiseol), the guard was not able to capture any photograph of the woman's face neither was able to see even a glimpse of what she looked like but it was way too obvious from her clothes that she was from the Kingdom of Twilight. The most striking thing was that Aurora's identification ribbon was not found on her.

A menacing grin creeped up on Yuri's lips as she watched her father scan the document. The lass waited a few moments before lowering herself and putting her face next to his ear. "Father, get him killed."

⇠┅┅┅┅┅┅༻❁༺┅┅┅┅┅┅⇢

The young adults' chortles resonated in the palace garden as they laughed at something Song Mingi had said. Wooyoung held his stomach, rolling off of the huge blanket laid on the grass where food and drinks were placed.

Jiseol wiped her tears that started to spill because of how much she was laughing, exactly what she needed after intentionally not going to the bridge during the crescent moon the night before. She knew San meant a lot to her, she just didn't want to verbally say it because the feeling was way too overwhelming. Besides that, she was too scared and embarrassed to face him after leaving so abruptly. Jiseol only wanted to show him her good side and needed to collect herself to be able to do that.

"By the way, I still can't believe you two really are together! Although I feel kinda betrayed because I had to find out through these two pests rather than any of you two just straight up telling me." The bluish-black haired lass huffed as she gazed at the new lovely couple; Yunho and Princess Sewon.

"I'm sorry! You and Yunho are the closest and I was scared you'd stop speaking to me or something. You're the only other woman I openly speak to besides my mother." The princess speaks up, taking Jiseol's hand in hers and stared at her with slight gloominess.

"You know I'd never do that, Yunho and I might be close but I'd pick you over him any time, any day." Jiseol responds which causes immediate reaction. Wooyoung, who had already straightened himself back up after rolling on the grass, yet again fell onto his back laughing. Mingi laughed as well, choking on his drink.

"HEY! What happened to loyalty?!" Yunho points out.

"I don't know, you tell me. It broke when you kept this whole thing from me." They spent the whole afternoon like that; bickering, laughing, eating, and chatting. It will always be little moments like this that feels like home.

Little did Nam Jiseol know, her one and only beloved Choi San was in for a ride in his own kingdom. Savor up all the giggles you can because it's not going to be so pretty soon.

—