26 : failed hope

" FAILED HOPE "

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Choi San coming back alive from his supposedly life-threatening mission only boosted Princess Yuri's motivation to watch him sneak out every crescent moon. The window where she would usually see him wasn't a place she went to often but ever since discovering San, it was a spot you would always expect her to be at.

Just like the recent crescent moons, Yuri waited by the window pretending to be having some time for herself and getting fresh air when all she was actually doing was waiting for San to come out. Although this time it was taking a little longer, this was usually around the time he would sneak out or did she start waiting earlier than usual?

Nonetheless, the tranquility of the kingdom at night made her thoughts go elsewhere. Might as well organize her thoughts while waiting.

It's been a few months since San came back and even if Yuri liked him a lot, she still couldn't believe he came back and for some reason it kinda irked her. For as long as she can remember, she has always gotten what she wanted so not getting what she asked for was a huge bomb to her.

But another thing was she noticed how her parents could've cared less about him coming back. Another shocker was her dad, she thought he would be outraged but he didn't do anything about it. Only now had she found out these four assassins who work for them do not have much significance to the royals. It kinda saddened her, especially Choi San who came from the Chois who have been serving the Kang family for generations.

That didn't really matter to Kang Yuri though, what mattered to her was San. He had two options; like her back or death. Her or nothing. The problem is she didn't have enough power to eliminate the boy and could only watch him go back to whoever that girl is every crescent moon.

She waited and waited and even if what she was waiting for was San, it would be a lie if she said she wasn't getting impatient. Way too many questions popped up in her head. Did he betray that girl and kill her? Are they over? Did they talk about not meeting tonight? So many possibilities.

Yuri decided to go back to her room since her back was aching from looking out the window. To her surprise, the one and only man whom she has been waiting for appeared right before her with the gloomiest expression she has ever seen from him. Even when he got sent to that horrible war, his face didn't look half as down.

San bowed towards the princess before excusing himself and walking pass her. Yuri frowned and looked back at him before continuing her way to her room.

Jiseol's heart thumped as she made her way to the oh-so familiar bridge. She took a deep breath, ready to apologize and placed a small smile on her face only for it to disappear moments after when she saw the place under the bridge was empty.

Just like the other times San wasn't there first, her heartbeat picked up it's pace. He's only done it two other times but this was different, they fought on the crescent moon before this one. Her blood ran cold and she went frozen as she recalled her words from last time, it really was that bad.

But nonetheless, she hoped that San didn't take her mean words by heart and is a forgiving person. Who knows? He might just be having trouble getting through security or something. Having a positive mindset, she waited.

And waited, waited, waited, and waited some more. Where the hell is San? Jiseol took out her pocket watch, it's been 2 hours? Ah damn, wow Jiseol, who are you? I thought you didn't like waiting.

Even though it pained her, she came to a conclusion that San won't come so she stood up and left with a heavy heart.

⇠┅┅┅┅┅┅༻❁༺┅┅┅┅┅┅⇢

Even if Jiseol was Wooyoung's "mom", there were times wherein Jiseol also needed assistance and comfort and the person she would go to was him. Give and take basically.

Wooyoung specifically gave her instructions on coming to his room after breakfast the next morning after the crescent moon and tell him what happened with the apology the night before. So that was what Jiseol was doing.

"So he didn't come? Like at all? Not even drop by?"

"No," Her voice cracked with pain. The younger noticed the countless times she cleared her throat and blinked before continuing the sentence when she was telling him about last night.

"I know you're hurt so it's okay to cry."

"No, I'm fine. It's my fault anyway. I never should've lashed out on him, he was just-"

"Eris. Based from what you told me, I think he was more of hurt than angry. Yes, you were wrong on telling him something not true but you also shouldn't invalidate your feelings. If you're hurt, you're hurt. If you're sad, you're sad. Don't try to invalidate what you feel just 'cause you're at fault. It's okay, Jiseol. It's okay to feel things."

That was the little push she needed to pour out all the tears she's been building and holding. Her sobs resonated loud enough that even the other lads who were minding their own business in their rooms were concerned.

Wooyoung engulfed her body in his arms, rubbing and patting her back as he whispered words of reassurance in her ear.

—