43 : once upon a time

" ONCE UPON A TIME "

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

On the verge of tears, she shut the book to wipe the tears that glossed her gray eyes. She couldn't let them fall, at least not on the book, it's her most favorite one and she couldn't afford to ruin it.

"Damn, this book gets me every time. San and Jiseol's deaths are so sad, but at least they're together." Nari put the book aside to grab a tissue, but her phone went off. Eunsang. The lass took a deep breath before answering.

"Hi kitty,"

"Hello, my sweet! What are you doing right now?"

"I just finished reading my favorite book again. Why?"

"It's freezing out here. Open the door for me, please?" Nari immediately hung up and stumbled her way to the mirror to check for any tear stains. When she thought she got rid of any evidence that she was previously crying, she ran out her room to open the door for her fiancé.

"There's my girl!" A lad with a messy, black mullet, warm brown eyes, and sharp facial features walked in without forgetting to kiss his fiancée's left temple where a mole was placed. "Here, I picked you up some cookies from your favorite bakery on the way here."

"You really got me questioning why we're getting married in 2 months and not right now."

Eunsang chuckled, shaking his head before his eyes landed on Nari's hair. "Woah, your hair looks brighter than the last time I saw you."

"We saw each other last weekend, you make it sound like we haven't seen each other since the last crescent moon." She laughs. "But yeah, I dyed it again last night, same blue black color."

"You referenced your favorite book again."

"Of course I had to. I love it too much."

"Yeah, you even somehow persuaded me to read it."

Nari smiled cheekily, vividly remembering the moment Eunsang finally agreed to reading the book.

"Your eyes are puffy, did you cry?" He questioned though already knowing the answer.

"Um...."

"Is it because of the book or do I need to punch someone?"

"Eunsang!" She laughs again. "It's the book, you don't need to punch anyone. And even if it was someone, violence is not allowed."

"Mmm, I don't know 'bout you but I'm ready to punch anyone who hurts you."

"Ahh, let's move on before you actually do it. Have you eaten dinner?"

"Not yet, I ordered chicken before coming over so it should be here in a while."

"Why don't we just get married right now?"

"I wish we could but we already booked everything." They both chuckled.

"OH why don't we watch Howl's Moving Castle while we wait for the food?"

"You already know,"

"I'll prepare the movie, you go prepare the popcorn."

"Won't we be full by the time the food gets here?"

"Ah right,"

"Let's just watch that later while eating. How 'bout we dance? To practice for our wedding." Eunsang subtly set up the record player which already had the custom vinyl of their favorite ballroom songs to slow dance to. He walked towards Nari who was comfortably seated on the couch, offering his hand. "May I have this dance?"

She giggled, taking his hand.

Love stories happen when they're bound to, it's already written in the stars, set up by the universe. When two people are really meant to be together, they will always find their way back in each other's arms.

Nari and Eunsang's story in this life wasn't so easy either, but nevertheless, they're still to be wedded soon. Just like Jiseol and San, they had found their homes in each other.

Maybe that's why Nari loved that particular book a bit too much; it reminded her of her and her fiancé, Eunsang. It was uncanny, but coincidences are possible. She thought that she was just meant to find that book.

But true enough, fate did find its way. In that life and in this life too, even death doesn't do them apart.

short explanation:
nari and eunsang are nam jiseol and choi san in their next life if y'all didn't get that :> the book nari was reading is this whole book (eris) so basically their past life was written into a book and is nari's favorite book.

a small detail is nari's mole on her left temple because they said your moles are where your past lover kissed you the most and it was where san kissed jiseol a lot in their past life.

° 𐐪𐑂 THE END 𐐪𐑂 °

a/n: thank you so so much for reading,
seriously. it really means a lot to me.
i say that a lot but i mean it because
it's my first time writing a book this long
and with this kind of theme. so again,
thank you for liking what i made and
for reading until the end.

hopefully i'll see you again in my
next book :D have a great day/night <3!

— thank you —