14 : celebrate for you

" CELEBRATE FOR YOU "

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Yet again was the sun blinding Jiseol's closed eyes as it shone through the thin curtains of her bedroom. Her eyes shot open only to want to close them back; so she did.

"What?! I saw that! You're awake already!" Wooyoung announced, making it hard for Jiseol not to throw a pillow at him. It was way too early for his yelling.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOTHER!" The three lads whom she met eyes with when she opened them again, yelled as if it wasn't 8 in the morning.

When Jiseol stayed quiet as she was still processing what was happening, Yunho took this as an opportunity to speak up again. "GET UP! It's your birthday!"

Oh right, it's my birthday. She finally remembered. And I spent the first few hours of it with San. That simple thought made it hard for her not to smile.

Her trail of good thoughts got interrupted as she felt her bed dip, someone clinging onto her side. "Happy birthday, my lovely mother!"

"Ah Wooyoung, get off!" Jiseol laughed as she tried to pry him off but the stubborn boy only clung tighter.

"The princess will be with us for breakfast. Get ready because we made your favorites!" Mingi then had to drag the two other lads out so that she could get herself ready.

When Jiseol arrived at the dining room, the three lads and princess Sewon were almost done setting up for breakfast. Usually, it would be servants that would do those things for them but the princess suggested to make breakfast themselves for it to be more meaningful.

The bluish-black haired lass helped out with finishing setting up the table before princess Sewon took out a large plate of chocolate waffles. Oh, so that's what the peanut butter, syrup, and butter were for.

"We're having your favorite! Chocolate and peanut butter waffles!" Mingi was more than excited to present the little surprise they had for her.

"Sooo, how is it?" The princess asked in anticipation after Jiseol took a few bites, the rest doing the same.

"It's really good, I love it! Thank you, princess."

"Ahh, don't thank me. It was the boys' idea, I simply helped so that they won't burn down the kitchen." They all laughed except for a certain brunette.

"HEY! I can cook!" Of course, it was Wooyoung.

"You're STARTING to, Wooyoung. So not yet exactly." Yunho purposely emphasized on the word 'starting'. That simple sentence was enough for the youngest to sulk and put on a pout for the rest of breakfast.

⇠┅┅┅┅┅┅༻❁༺┅┅┅┅┅┅⇢

"It feels like Christmas not my birthday." Jiseol gazed at the gifts the boys and the princess had to offer. Princess Sewon was carrying a large rectangular black wooden box, Mingi with a scabbard and Yunho with a gift box.

"I want to go first!" The princess spoke up before anyone else could, handing the other lass the rectangle box.

Jiseol was not able to hide a wide smile as she already knew what exactly was in the box. A new archery set. After all, she was oh-so familiar with bows and arrows.

She admired it, a hand gently caressing the bow and arrows as she took in the intricate gold detailing. "I love it! It's gorgeous, thank you so much, princess."

"No worries! You deserve it."

"We'll go next!" Mingi almost shoved the scabbard into her hands. "This is from the three of us. We hope you like it."

Jiseol, also already knowing the gift, still had the same grin plastered on her face. It was a silver dagger with a black handle. Simple but elegant.

"This is neat! Thank you so much, a new dagger to add to my collection."

"You're welcome! It was my idea, by the way." Wooyoung seemed more excited in giving the gift than Jiseol who was receiving it.

"This is the last, it's from my parents and Gunho." It was then Yunho's turn.

If even possible, the girl's smile grew even wider at the mention of the Jeongs, a family that took her in when she had no one.

Jiseol admired the writing on the tag:

To: JiJi, who grew up to
be a fine young woman

Happy 23rd to our strong Eris!
Keep safe and well, we miss you!
Visit soon <3

From: The Jeongs

She almost teared up at the small letter itself, moreover that she recognized it to be Gunho's writing. Oh how much she loved that family.

Jiseol opened the box, a newly crocheted white and blue blanket neatly folded inside. There was a small note; Keep yourself warm with this, it's getting colder these days.

"Yunho, I love your family so much." She blinked back her tears. She has always underestimated the love the Jeongs give her and even if years have gone by, she still couldn't get used to the love they give her as if she herself was a Jeong.

"They're your family too, you know."

"Shush, I'm not trying to shed tears today." They all laughed in delight.

That's how the rest of their day went, spending time with each other and the princess, drinking hot cocoa, and sharing life stories of different genres with each other. Besides the Jeongs and her own family that already fell apart, Jiseol will always be glad and thankful that she got to meet these wonderful people she can also call family.

—