34 : don't take my sunshine away

" DON'T TAKE MY SUNSHINE AWAY "

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

It was yet again another unsuccessful night of getting good sleep for Nam Jiseol. Her eyes shot open just before the nightmare could turn even worse. She sat up slowly, beads of cold sweat dripping down the side of her face. It was still dark and it didn't look like the sun was going to rise for a few more hours.

With the little light the moon gave off, Jiseol wiped the sweat off with the back of her hand and stood up, walking towards the window where the moonlight shone from. Feeling quite stuffy, she decided to open the window slightly to let some air in. It felt like seeing the light after closing your eyes for a while. Immediately, she took a whiff of fresh air and shuddered. Tonight was much cooler compared to the rest.

Even at this peaceful and serene night just like the others, Jiseol couldn't help but feel uneasy. There was an unsettling feeling of dysphoria and anxiousness in her chest. As much as she didn't want to have that feeling, she had a hunch that something bad was coming soon. It irked her even more that she has no knowledge whatsoever of what it could be.

She sighed deeply before going back to bed, not forgetting to down a sleeping pill to hopefully help her fall back asleep.

⇠┅┅┅┅┅┅༻❁༺┅┅┅┅┅┅⇢

The lass practically ran to the black haired lad the moment she caught a glimpse of him under the bridge. Brows furrowed and eyes full of concern, Jiseol took San's face in her hands and scanned it for any signs of discomfort or injury.

San's usual smile disappeared when he saw the anxious expression on her face. "What's wrong?" His voice came out slightly muffled as his face was squished in between her hands.

Jiseol didn't give him an answer and instead asked questions back. "You're not hurt, right? You're okay? Nothing's going on in your kingdom?"

"Mmm, not that I know of. Why? You seem so troubled." San looked at her back, slowly taking her hands away from his face and holding onto them.

The lass heaved a heavy sigh, "I don't know, San. It's just that I've been feeling uneasy these past few days. I have a feeling that something bad is going to happen soon."

"Seollie, my sweet, I understand what you're saying but I'm okay and hopefully you're okay too. And if ever there is something bad about to happen, I'm here and I will protect you and your kingdom like I promised. Remember?"

His words were somewhat comforting to say the least, but no matter how much she tried to find complete solace in his words after days of uneasiness, she just couldn't. "San, it's not as easy as you say it. Just please stay safe, okay? Don't do anything reckless and watch your surroundings."

"If it will help your heart ease a little then yes, I will be more careful than usual, Seollie. But promise me that you too will stay safe and well, okay?"

Instead of responding, Jiseol lifted her pinky. San let out a warm smile, it wasn't something she initiated often. He responded to it by wrapping his pinky around her, kissing her left temple right after and placing her head on his shoulder as he wrapped his arms around her protectively.

The couple stayed silent, San thinking of other ways to comfort his lover and Jiseol's mind roaming around to hundreds of different thoughts. The silence broke when Jiseol's delicate singing voice was heard.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine.
You make me happy when skies are gray.
You'll never know dear, how much I love you.
Please don't take my sunshine away."

⇠┅┅┅┅┅┅༻❁༺┅┅┅┅┅┅⇢

A dark blue envelope was handed to the King and Queen of Twilight who were sitting comfortably on their respective thrones. King Sejun's brows knitted as he took the envelope, who could possibly send a letter? His eyes narrowed once he had seen the wax seal. It was Aurora Kingdom's seal. Now, why in the world would they be getting a letter from their rival kingdom?

The King opened it beside his wife, Queen Aewol who was just as interested. Their curious eyes quickly scanned the piece of paper, mouths parting once they've gone through most of it. They looked at each other with eyes of confusion and disbelief. As much as they didn't want to believe it, they both have been having this feeling of something happening or about to happen concerning two kingdoms; theirs and some other.

Aurora had only found the time to send the letter after Prince Yeosang's — or well, King Yeosang's — coronation. The Kangs always put themselves above all, anyone who wasn't a Kang was simply insignificant. They had practically stopped and dropped everything just for the prince's coronation — and that included San's illegal relationship with a lass from Twilight. The fact that they knew little to nothing about her didn't help in caring about it either. Only recently had they gotten a lead on who she was and maybe, just maybe, that was the tiny spark that motivated them to care even just a little and inform Twilight about it.

a/n: Merry Christmas to those who celebrate ^—^ do you guys want a double update for new year too?

who celebrate ^—^ do you guys want
a double update for new year too?