04 : on the other side

" ON THE OTHER SIDE "

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

*Click, Click, Click*

The sound of the horse shoes resonated as the four assassins sat tall and proud on top of their respective horses. Well, more like three.

"How much longer?" Wooyoung whined as he slouched. "My bottom hurts from sitting on this damn horse for 2 hours straight."

"Then stay here, don't join us." Jiseol rolled her eyes, her horse being at the front and leading the team.

The youngest's eyes widened, "S-Sorry, Eris."

"Good, now stay put and stop whining."

The other two almost burst out laughing. Even if they too were scared of her, Wooyoung was the most afraid of her in spite of knowing she thought he was the most competent.

"We're almost there anyway, you can see the town from here."

The four were sent on a mission to bring back herbal medicine for the queen who has been sick for over three days now. Besides being assassins, as the most trusted people of the Lees, they have also been sent to do other work like this besides eliminating people.

And in no time, they were finally here after almost 3 hours. The Kingdom of Wonderland, the kingdom where Queen Aewol came from and a kingdom rich in herbs, spices and plants.

People greeted upon seeing them, friendliness radiating off of them. Jiseol neither the three men weren't used to this, people in their kingdom would usually just lay their heads low and look away whenever they'd pass by. No, it wasn't because of Yunho, Mingi or Wooyoung, it was because of Jiseol or who they know as Eris, the typical cold, scary, ruthless assassin of the Lees.

Almost unconsciously, Jiseol lightly smiled back, liking the unfamiliar welcoming attention the people were giving them.

"Let's get to the house first and park the horses then we can go around for a while." Jiseol proposed.

Despite the many fascinating things her eyes laid upon, Jiseol stayed unfazed while the other three kept switching from stall to stall in looking at Wonderland's products that aren't availbale in their kingdom.

Her eyes lingered, not finding anything interesting until it laid on a wooden tube with gold detailing. Yunho saw her looking at it and smiled, "That's a kaleidoscope. I've heard about those but never actually seen one. When you look through the hole, you'll see different colorful shapes. C'mon, pick it up and see!"